GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/06/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
If lightning happens to hit the phone lines out side, will the electricity flow through the modem, router etc. Into my PC up my headphones frying my brain?
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:23
Regular
poopots wrote:
> If lightning happens to hit the phone lines out side, will the
> electricity flow through the modem, router etc. Into my PC up my
> headphones frying my brain?

Wouldn't that be the coolest way to die though?
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:06
Regular
"Better Than You"
When it's thunder and lightening you should really turn off TVs, Computers etc. so it doesn't 'blow them up'.
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:59
Regular
i wouldn't know whether it would go through modem and fry your brain. you will have to wait and see. lol!
Wed 29/06/05 at 13:43
Regular
"..."
Gah. We didn't even get a proper storm at our place. We saw it in the dstance but then it kinda fizzled out before it got to us. Booo.
Wed 29/06/05 at 11:35
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
A family friend in last Friday's storm heard a noise up staires in his daughters bedroom. No-one was in the house execpt him. He went up stairs to see whats what, opened his daughters bedroom door & most of her electric toys had turned their self on. Freaky! He said it was like something out of a horror film.
Wed 29/06/05 at 10:27
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Just turned it of in the end and watched sugar rush. My brothers PS2 switched it self on.
Tue 28/06/05 at 23:33
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Tomm wrote:
> We had a minor power cut. The major appliances switched off for about
> a second and the little things kept going. :S Nearly shat myself. Saw
> lightening thro' my window, next momemnt, my comp had turned off...

YEh I too had a powercut. Really annoying
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:57
Regular
"8==="
Your fuse box and some wiring will melt.

Unless you're somehow the path of least resistance by being a person made of metal you should be ok.
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Lightning struck my school a few years back. It melted the surge protector (must have been really good) all the phone lines, all of the network cables and destroyed part of the roof.

All fun and games.
Tue 28/06/05 at 22:52
Regular
"the burning sky"
We had a minor power cut. The major appliances switched off for about a second and the little things kept going. :S Nearly shat myself. Saw lightening thro' my window, next momemnt, my comp had turned off...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.