GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KoRn + Linkin Park + OFFSPRING"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/01 at 12:07
Regular
The bands above are THE best. I have all of each albums. KoRn have the best style and the best singing. Linkin Park has the best songs and has the best atmosphere around their music. Offspring were the first band I heard and they have inspired me to play guitar...Does anyone else play guitar?
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:07
The bands above are THE best. I have all of each albums. KoRn have the best style and the best singing. Linkin Park has the best songs and has the best atmosphere around their music. Offspring were the first band I heard and they have inspired me to play guitar...Does anyone else play guitar?
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:40
Regular
"smile, it's free"
KoRn? You call that 'singing'?
I think it resembles animalisitc grunting over a heavy base & drum tune, but that's just my opinion.

I have no problme with offspring, the punk style is a refreshing change, it seems to be making a something of comeback this decade, what with bands like offspring and blink 182 making themselves known.

Linkin Park are another one of these annnoying 'new metal' bands. My brother really likes all that sort of thing - Papa Roach, Linkin Park, I forget what other albums he has.

I'm not sure whether it's the music I don't like, or the steriotype. The rather feeble pretence that there's 'meaning in the lyrics', which is constantly spouted by the guilty parties. Or my all time favourite quote, not sure from whom, but it goes thus: "Sometimes we look back at the stuff we wrote a year or so back, and we find that there's meaning in the lyrics, which we didn't even plan at the time."

Sums it all up really, doesn't it?
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:55
so venombyte as you feel that linkin park are annyoing and korn can't sing. I would like to see if you could create a group known worldwide and make albums thta get in the top 40 albums and have a top 40 hit. could you do that? i dont think so. so dont complain at others music.
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:17
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Indeed, I'm never going to be in a band, and reach the top 40. Howvere, I'm not musically talented and I can't sing - and what's more, I don't pretend to be able to.

Just because KoRn have had some successes, does not detract from my right to crticise, or othwerwise voice my views about them, or any other band for that matter.

If Chris waddle was recalled back to the England squad, I would criticise his playing ability, despite the fact that he's still a better footballer than me. Likewise, I criticise KoRn because they fall short of my expectations of what the prerequisits of a 'good' band are - such as the ability to sing, or think up tunes, as opposed to chaotic chord churning.

Musical taste is all about opinion though, and if you like them, that's fine. We'll agree to disagree on this one, rather than degenerate any further from discussion towards flaming.
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:17
Rite my opinion is KoRn are okay not got their album but i have got limp bizkits and papa roach's and they are quality but i prefer limp bizkit...linkin park now their new song paper cut is really good and on that note i may get their album but who knows and offspring are quality i think well the songs they have released have been good anyway !!
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:23
Regular
Offsprings latest album is very very poor. Only a few good tracks on it. must say though Linkin park have got quite a few good tracks on thier album. Limp bizkits chocolate starfish is pritty crappy, it dont caompare to their older stuff.
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Conspiracy Of One is a good album, but it does not compare to the earlier albums like Smash/Ignition/Ixnay

There is not enough pure punk like on the other albums. Still alright though.
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:36
VenomByte wrote:
> KoRn? You call that 'singing'?
I think it resembles animalisitc
> grunting over a heavy base & drum tune, but that's just my
> opinion.

I have no problme with offspring, the punk style is a
> refreshing change, it seems to be making a something of comeback
> this decade, what with bands like offspring and blink 182 making
> themselves known.

Linkin Park are another one of these annnoying
> 'new metal' bands. My brother really likes all that sort of thing -
> Papa Roach, Linkin Park, I forget what other albums he has.

I'm
> not sure whether it's the music I don't like, or the steriotype. The
> rather feeble pretence that there's 'meaning in the lyrics', which
> is constantly spouted by the guilty parties. Or my all time
> favourite quote, not sure from whom, but it goes thus:
> "Sometimes we look back at the stuff we wrote a year or so
> back, and we find that there's meaning in the lyrics, which we
> didn't even plan at the time."

Sums it all up really,
> doesn't it?

Excuse me?????KorRn have on of the best singing I have ever heard. You have to be really talented to sing like that!!!!!! Freak on a Leash and Lies are the best over the rest!!!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 23:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
Korn's Got the life is one of my personal favourites.
Sat 09/06/01 at 16:10
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Korn's first album is one of my favourites, but Jonathan Davis isn't a good singer I'm afraid. He's good at what he does which mostly consists of those skat-style vocals with a rougher-edged melody to it.

If you want to listen to a vocalist who can really sing, then listen to Tool.

../..Steve

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.