GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE Vengeance Results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/06/05 at 01:18
Regular
"wild thing"
Could someone please post the results here from Vengeance as soon as they come? Thank you.
Wed 29/06/05 at 13:38
Regular
"..."
Hmm, the problem with any Hell in a Cell match, is that it'll be judged against previous Hell in a Cells. Unless they have a crazy Foley-bump or a complete HBK-spot fest to boast, then they will soon be forgotten by the anals of time.
Tue 28/06/05 at 21:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant wrote:
> Kawada, to be honest I think you need to watch the Hell In A Cell
> match before judging both wrestlers involved, as least in terms of
> ability to put on a good match. If you respect Sandman for being an
> awful wrestler but putting on a good hardcore match, then I expect
> you would be able to appreciate that Batista and HHH put on a very
> good HIAC match Sunday night.
>
> That's not a dig at you, btw. :P I just think you should judge a
> wrestler by his best matches.

Totally missed the fact i was having a joke with you and your liking for the likes of Batista and Orton and i wasn't judging the match at all in any serious fashion.

Not seen the match and i doubt i will because i wouldn't have paid 15 pounds to watch a PPV when WWE was actually good let alone nowadays. However from what i've read on the match it just seems like a weapon spot fest, which is exactly what i thought it would be considering they weren't going to rely on their wrestling ability and a few high spot bumps to put on a decent match.
Tue 28/06/05 at 21:29
Regular
"I like cheese"
Kawada, to be honest I think you need to watch the Hell In A Cell match before judging both wrestlers involved, as least in terms of ability to put on a good match. If you respect Sandman for being an awful wrestler but putting on a good hardcore match, then I expect you would be able to appreciate that Batista and HHH put on a very good HIAC match Sunday night.

That's not a dig at you, btw. :P I just think you should judge a wrestler by his best matches.
Tue 28/06/05 at 21:01
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Carlito def Shelton Benjamin

I really enjoyed this match and i didnt think i would. Not much really to say but i hope that the IC Title division will spice up a bit.

Victoria def Christy

Definatelt the worst match on the card. Wouldnt miss it if it disappeared from my memory forever.

Shawn Michaels def Kurt Angle

Brilliant match, shame i fell asleep during it :p

Watched the rest of the PPV next day. Wasn't because i didnt like the match, just that i was veeeeeery tired! I thought this was a excellent match. Would like to see an Iron Man match or something like that sometime to settle the score. I can see them leaving it at 1-1 for a while though.

Cena (c) def Christian and Jericho (Cena pinned Christian)

I also really enjoyed this match. Not sure if it was because it was different from normal as Cena has never been in a Triple Threat with these two before but i thought it was really good.

Kane def Edge (with Lita)

Am glad Kane won. Thought this was another top match and nice to see Kane overcome the odds. One of my favourites so of course i am happy he won :)

Batista (c) def Triple H

This was a bloody excellent match and i dont care what the cynics say. Nice use of the barbed wire chair and the other weapons. You see Triple H picking up the sledgehammer when he is being set up for the powerbomb and it reminded me of something like WM17 when Trips was against Taker and he got out the sledgehammer and clocked Taker with it when he was on the shoulders about to go for the Last Ride. When i saw him picking up the hammer at Vengeance i thought Batista was seconds away from losing the title but i think it was nicely done how he hit the powerbomb before Trips could smack him with the sledgehammer.

Overall i thought this was a really strong PPV and i enjoyed every match (except Christy/Victoria). I think the last 3 PPV have been great (Judgement Day with the I Quit Match, ECW ONS with every match and Vengeance with most of the matches.)
Tue 28/06/05 at 03:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant wrote:
> I just finished watching it. I told you all it would be good, and it
> was. :P

Not seen it so can't say whether or not it was but judging on your previous opinions on things i'll guess it was mediocre at best on my scale :-D
Tue 28/06/05 at 03:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heh was waiting for a HHH fan to jump up and start proclaiming *oooh oooh HHH did a few jobs, you're all wrong he doesn't surpress talent at all, you're all wrong to criticise him*

What bullcrap, if he disappears out the title picture for a good 6 months or so then i'd be impressed, doing 3 jobs to one of his best mates (while getting him to job while the title wasn't on the line) considering he's dominated for 5 years, surpressing those left, right and center means squat to me and doesn't do anything to refute the criticism he quite rightly deserves.
Tue 28/06/05 at 01:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
I just finished watching it. I told you all it would be good, and it was. :P

I'll do a proper review thingie tomorrow, too tired now. But it's nice to see the WWE pull out a number of good matches, even if the results of the undercard were quite predictable.

However, it's ALSO nice to see a couple of surprises in the main events. I didn't expect Cena to win, and I know NONE of you expected Batista to win either. Bit disappointed Christian didn't win, but I imagine his time will come.

Batista beat HHH CLEAN inside Hell In A Cell...which means HHH doesn't become a what...12 time champion? And he also loses his supposed unbeaten streak!

Even if Batista is a mate of his, I think that proves that some of the criticism he gets is unjustified. Batista winning was the right result in my mind, but even I thought HHH wasn't gonna want to lost to him 3 times on the bounce, AND in the Cell.

Enjoyed both main events too, the hell in a cell was pretty brutal, had some very cool spots in it, and the triple threat was always gonna be good.

Okay, this is becoming quite long now...but anyway, well done WWE. Okay, so it was no Summerslam 2000 or WrestleMania 17, but it's certainly getting there, especially considering this PPV isn't one of the big four.

EDIT - And did HBK legitamately hurt his knee? I wasn't sure at first, his use of the Sweet Chin Music would suggest not. But the reaction of WWE officials seemed strange...especially the bloke who swore after HBK hit him ROFL!
Mon 27/06/05 at 21:14
Regular
Well, that was suprising... Triple H losing to someone 3 times at a PPV when the World Heavyweight Title is at stake.

I enjoyed the HIAC match. I had my doubts as did we all but I remained interested throughout. The variety of weapon's and their uses was to done nicely and all the power moves made it feel like a great battle. The ending was pretty good too.

Im glad Batista held onto the title. It just wasn't right for Triple H to take the title at this stage, no matter how much backstage influence he has. I think even he realises that Batista's the real deal at the minute and not him...

As for the WWE Championship match, I think its probably best that Cena retained the title. As much as I love Captain Charisma and how over he is, It just doesn't seem right for him have a World Title. I mean, how many matches has he had where he's been put over a big opponent? Erm.... Jericho, which is hardly WWE Championship worthy. It doesn't help either with Tomko basically interfering every match and ruining the guys credibility.

The rest of the Vengeance was fairly average apart from HBK vs Angle, which was again excellant, but no way was it better than their Wrestlemania match no matter what The Coach and The King say. Pity the ending was kinda weak, but I think part of that was down the fact that no noise was made when Michael's connected with the Superkick.

Oh and the suplex & powerbomb segment in the Triple Threat match ruled muchly, as did the Barbed Wire Steel Chair.
Mon 27/06/05 at 21:00
Regular
Carlito def Shelton Benjamin

Shawn Michaela def Kurt Angle

Victoria def Christy

Cena (c) def Christian and Jericho (Cena pinned Christian)

Kane def Edge (with Lita)

Batista (c) def Triple H

It was actually a very predictale event, as far as results went. Carlito was always going to win, because you don't introduce a guy to a show, allowing him to gain the title in his debut match on your frachise and then proceed to letting him lose it barely a week later. As much as Benjamin is better than Carlito, this result is positive as hopefully hints at Benjamin getting a further push, because it is deserved.

Michaels versus Angle was always going to be Shawn Michaels. I knew they wouldn't put Angle 2-0 up against a great, and I was right. I also recognised that this had the potential to be an excellent match, and again I was correct. Top notch.

As you're probably aware, I really couldn't give a crap how Victoria and Christy got on. :)

The triple threat match was always going to be interesting. This is the only match in which the result was mildly surprising. I actually expected a victory for Christian, because he deserves to be at the top - certainly more than John Cena does anyway. Also, I don't know if it's just me that feels like this... but does Tomko not seem to ruin Christian's credibility? Admittedly I'd rather see him in this role than actually having to watch him wrestle, but I believe that Christian should be pushed as a guy that doesn't require the help of a useless oaf at all times. His ability is being undermimed, which I don't think is a very positive message to send out.

Kane was always going to beat Edge, as well. Kane being emotionally abused in the run up to a match pretty much always means he's going to win at the main event.

And finally, the HIAC. Well, it was unsurprising in that there were no major bumps, but there was some good use of weaponry. I'm a little shocked Triple H has now lost to Batista numerous times on the bounce, as it's not his style. What'll happen with regards to him now, I'm not so sure, but hopefully if Batista isn't drafted to SmackDown this rivalry will not continue any longer. Someone else deserves to be challenging, and hopefully The Game has realised this.
Mon 27/06/05 at 19:15
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Cena kept the title? Bah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.