GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Advanced"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 23:41
Regular
It’s only a few weeks before it’s June 22nd and all the gaming shops around the world are looking forward to selling there deals on the GBA. But am I excited? NO!

There is about 30 games to come out with it but none of the excite me. Mario advance is a brilliant game but its old. Tony Hawks is good but the 64 version is out, and the others I don't want. So what am I going to do when it comes to June 22nd? Well the GBA will be mine that is for sure. But I am not sure if I want to get a GBA game for it.

But there is one game I would like to have ALONE IN THE DARK 4 for GBC. I have seen many pics from this game and they are outstanding, the graphics are the best any 8 or 16 bit console has ever done before. But of course there is a catch. THE GRAPHICS ARE FAKE!!!

Yes they are, they are called 'pre-rendered' which means they there, but you can not do anything to them, they are 'fake' as they are not movable, touchable etc. Resident Evil (not CODE VERIONICA) uses these that are why it has set camera angles and beautiful scenery.

But unlike most hyped-up graphical games, this is good. It has the same feel to it that Resident Evil has, and is a exiting game. This game is the most one I have been looking forward to on the Gameboys... EVER!

I think there is a tough decision to be made on the 22nd of June. GBA with GBA game, or GBA with Alone in the dark 4. The decision is in your hands... (Unless you can afford both!)

Thanks for reading.
Mr. Dark
Fri 01/06/01 at 23:41
It’s only a few weeks before it’s June 22nd and all the gaming shops around the world are looking forward to selling there deals on the GBA. But am I excited? NO!

There is about 30 games to come out with it but none of the excite me. Mario advance is a brilliant game but its old. Tony Hawks is good but the 64 version is out, and the others I don't want. So what am I going to do when it comes to June 22nd? Well the GBA will be mine that is for sure. But I am not sure if I want to get a GBA game for it.

But there is one game I would like to have ALONE IN THE DARK 4 for GBC. I have seen many pics from this game and they are outstanding, the graphics are the best any 8 or 16 bit console has ever done before. But of course there is a catch. THE GRAPHICS ARE FAKE!!!

Yes they are, they are called 'pre-rendered' which means they there, but you can not do anything to them, they are 'fake' as they are not movable, touchable etc. Resident Evil (not CODE VERIONICA) uses these that are why it has set camera angles and beautiful scenery.

But unlike most hyped-up graphical games, this is good. It has the same feel to it that Resident Evil has, and is a exiting game. This game is the most one I have been looking forward to on the Gameboys... EVER!

I think there is a tough decision to be made on the 22nd of June. GBA with GBA game, or GBA with Alone in the dark 4. The decision is in your hands... (Unless you can afford both!)

Thanks for reading.
Mr. Dark
Sat 02/06/01 at 00:02
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Easy Mr. D,

I think you're missing the point of the GBA!

It is like a portable console! Okay so with a small bank loan and a charged-up car battery you could set up a PSOne with a Screen in you're car, but there is NO, and I mean NO, better means of portable gaming than the GBA.

Is it the newest console out, handheld or otherwise and I have no doubt it will play a very big part in the future of the Gamecube. They aren't JUST the same old games, some maybe ports or even SNES copies BUT a lot of the games are new, Look at Konami Racers. And I don't think you'll find too many gaming addicts moaning about another Mario Kart!

The GBA is all about fun, Advanced fun maybe but Nintendo aren't doing a dodgy deal or anything like that, the GBA is well worth it! You might want to play it first but I guarantee there will be more than meets the eye.

Just make sure you get a Purple one!

Game: NM & FoC w/NC!
Sat 02/06/01 at 00:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Sorry, the main focus of my post was on the below paragraph at the start of your topic!

("There is about 30 games to come out with it but none of them excite me. Mario advance is a brilliant game but its old. Tony Hawks is good but the 64 version is out, and the others I don't want. So what am I going to do when it comes to June 22nd? Well the GBA will be mine that is for sure. But I am not sure if I want to get a GBA game for it.")

Sorry about that.

Game
Sat 02/06/01 at 09:46
the GBA is twice as good as the psx in many ways...

The GBA is small and slick which looks good and you can show it off to your friends.

Plus there are so many great games coming to it from brilliant companies. The graphics are excelllent and with the launch line the GAS aint even worth comparing to the playstation.
Sat 02/06/01 at 09:59
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Alone in the Dark 4 really does look like the game to buy doesn't it. I am not sure if it can sway me away from tnoy hawks 2 (GBA) though. I have played all of the other Alone in the DArk games and each one was fantastic with shocks aplenty an brainbending puzzles. They were extremely hard though as I was pretty young when they first came out. But I came close to completing all of them. Now with my new gaming experience I can easily reverse the trend and complete Alone in the DArk 4.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.