GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS2s year!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 22:23
Regular
I have recently been looking in magazines and on internet sites and I have noticed that this is probably the PS2s best year.

In all of my magazines there is about 30 pages on the PS2 and its new games and reviews where as the DC, N64, PSX are not getting many new games. LAst month each console had about 5 new games out, for the year and the PS2 has still got bucket fulls coming.

The same with the PC although not as many games but still a lot.

On internet sites all you can see is GC and tons of PS2.
Its crazy first all you can hear and see was GC now the PS2 has got tons, and tons of pages of new reviews and info.

Is it just me or is it..
Fri 01/06/01 at 22:23
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I have recently been looking in magazines and on internet sites and I have noticed that this is probably the PS2s best year.

In all of my magazines there is about 30 pages on the PS2 and its new games and reviews where as the DC, N64, PSX are not getting many new games. LAst month each console had about 5 new games out, for the year and the PS2 has still got bucket fulls coming.

The same with the PC although not as many games but still a lot.

On internet sites all you can see is GC and tons of PS2.
Its crazy first all you can hear and see was GC now the PS2 has got tons, and tons of pages of new reviews and info.

Is it just me or is it..
Fri 01/06/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
It isn't just you, but being the only major console on the market, although proving now to be a flourishing success, the PS2 is also unchallenged.

But despite this, Sony are seeing the PS2 user-base grow, and every second between now and the Launch of the Gamecube and X-Box is vital for Sony and they need to sell as many PS2's as they can!

But you're right, this certainly has been Sony's year, and even with the good reception of the Gamecube at E3 and the Financial backing of the X-Box, I don't think we can count the PS2 out so Soon-y! ^_^

The Game
Sat 02/06/01 at 01:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I still maintain that Sony and Ninty will live together in harmony, both pitching to differant user groups.
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:39
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Nah the two companies will be at each others throats for the next ten years!

:-D
Sat 02/06/01 at 23:22
Regular
Nintendo and Sony go for different users, your cartoony game likers, and Sony for your Dark Mystery types.
Sat 02/06/01 at 23:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
From our points of view Sony are doing extremely well, infact it may look completely unchallenged, which indeed it is.... hmmm not going anywhere...

...The PS2 is having a lot of troubles in Japan, many people are buying it for the DVD capibilities knowing that the PS2 exclusive games aren't exactly superb, Sony as a company have had a non-profit year for the PS2, many companies are seeing red at the fact that so many games are just passing the gamers without even being brought, so to all of us it may seem everything is rosy, but beneath the surface Sony aren't doing to well...
Sat 02/06/01 at 23:45
Regular
and on the flipside people are saying that nintendo aint doing so well, but we all know nintendo are making hefty profits.
Sat 02/06/01 at 23:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
Batistuta wrote:
> and on the flipside people are saying that nintendo aint doing so
> well, but we all know nintendo are making hefty profits.

Nintendo are (beneath the surface) having a merry old time, living it up at 3:00am laughing because 250 creatures are pulling in millions, making the profits of the company reach an ALL TIME high....

...they can't complain.
Sun 03/06/01 at 10:15
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
251 creatures!
Sun 03/06/01 at 11:22
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Very precise ZP!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.