GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"watching dvd's"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/06/05 at 20:17
Regular
Hi there
I need help me with my ps2 settings. Normal uk dvd's work fine, however when I attempt to watch copied dvd's(indian ones to be specific!) they come in black and white. Obv something to do with the region codes, can anyone help?
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:33
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Xzibit wrote:
> That's why the cinema is quite expensive because people use copies,
> however, it is legal to copy a DVD or CD you alreafy own, but why
> would you want to do that!?!

Obviously back up copies are always useful.

The main reason of course is to sell the copies, which ironically isn't legal.
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:21
Regular
"lets go back"
The cinema prices are expensive because of greed of the corporations. They make billions of pounds of profit. If they halved the price they would still make a big profit, just not quite as big.
Tue 21/06/05 at 16:50
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Xzibit wrote:
>
>
> Yup £3.00 to watch a movie on the cheap Tuesday nights. Damn
> all you pirates sending theatre prices soaring *shakes fist*

I think it would be unrealistic to say that pirated films are totally responsible for the high cinema costs.
Tue 21/06/05 at 12:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Xzibit wrote:

Yup £3.00 to watch a movie on the cheap Tuesday nights. Damn all you pirates sending theatre prices soaring *shakes fist*
Tue 21/06/05 at 08:08
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Well yea, dvd region x is probably best, and I'll be getting one myself to play my U.S. films, which I have tons of heh. You still shouldn't copy though, importing is better, and I would prefer an official dvd to a copy any day.

I have a friend who downloads films and games, and all of his futurama dvd's work in black and white on my ps2, so I think it's just because it's a copy that it won't work.
Tue 21/06/05 at 07:49
Regular
"~DPG~"
That's why the cinema is quite expensive because people use copies, however, it is legal to copy a DVD or CD you alreafy own, but why would you want to do that!?!
Tue 21/06/05 at 07:21
Regular
You shouldn't be watching pirate copies anyway, you filthy skank.
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:10
Regular
"The definitive tag"
You'll need a CD to watch DVD's of different regions. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them on the web. The only name that I can think of off the top of my head is "DVD Region X".

There's no guarantee it'll sort the problem. Older TV's will still play the DVD in black and white.
Mon 20/06/05 at 20:30
Regular
is that what i need? Im not to sure cant I just change the region settings? or is a cd I need to change the region setter?
Mon 20/06/05 at 20:23
Regular
"~DPG~"
Do you need a region free CD?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.