GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"American Prices (?)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/06/05 at 18:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm going to North America soon (Vancouver), so are there any electrical items that I should try and pick up because they're cheaper. Particularly with this new computer in mind etc.

What compatibility problems would I have too. I can't imagine there would be any for computer parts, because they're universal. But other stuff maybe...

Ideas?
Thu 23/06/05 at 11:39
Regular
Websites don't really tell you anything.

There are probably way more shops then what you think.

+ Visit Wal Mart (do they have Wal Marts in Canada?), the supercentres stock everything
Wed 22/06/05 at 23:56
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm not the funking one that arranged the trip though, so I don't know if I'm staying at one hotel for more than a week. I wouldn't even trust the postal service for anything shorter than 1 week.

Also, I'd have to ask the hoteliers to use their address.

ARgh. I just got in a huge argument as well. This is turning out to be a very depressing night.
Wed 22/06/05 at 23:51
Regular
I'd order over the internet and have it delivered to my hotel in America/Canada well only if it's free shipping.
Wed 22/06/05 at 22:51
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Currently I'm getting very, very, VERY wound up.

Firstly, I find there are about 2 reliable computer parts shops in the whole of Vancouver.

Secondly, the bloody prices equate to the same amount of money over here.

Thirdly, there are hardly any places in the whole of canada that supply digital cameras.

Fourthly, the prices are all the same over here.

Fifthly, my bloody internet's cripplingly slow 56k which seems to be strugling.

*slits*
Wed 22/06/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Jive wrote:
> Yeah I know, I've been to both cheers :)

And I better Canada was better?
Tue 21/06/05 at 13:59
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> If you buy your camera from Wal-Mart and found you didn't like it,
> you can take it back to any ASDA store within 28 days
>
> God bless Wal-Mart
Tue 21/06/05 at 00:53
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Just a word of caution...
I can tell you from experience, you can make savings, however when you weigh it on up against the hassle of an item that doesn't work then in my opinion the saving isn't always worth it.

Apart from the shipping expenses of returning faulty items another thing that can catch you out is the guarantees/warranties you get with some things. I mean things like items not being supplied as operating outside of north america, so if you take it abroad you have no guarantee if it breaks and not even the manufacturer will touch it then (They do it to maintain some kind of regional price protection).
That isn't true with all items, but it is with some so whatever you want to buy, make sure you do some research first.
Mon 20/06/05 at 22:37
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
RoJ wrote:
> Canadain dollar is different from US dollar.

Yeah I know, I've been to both cheers :)
Mon 20/06/05 at 22:19
Regular
"The Red Shift"
That's errr...."great", RoJ.

(???????)

I will try the Mountain Dew, by the way.
Mon 20/06/05 at 22:13
Regular
"Not a Jew"
SHUT IT

Its CANADA right

CANADA

Not "America"
CANADA

Canadain dollar is different from US dollar.

Everything is cheaper there, about 60 cents to a quid depending on fluctuations. When you are there try Mountain Dew, 'tis really nice. And check out that waterpark in Vancouver, it's sweet.

Eh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.