GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA Career - how are you doing?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/06/05 at 12:17
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
Thought it might be fun to discuss how our FIFA '05 careers are going.

I started with the Chicago Fire, winning all three Cups. Then moved to Celtic, buying Morientes, Gravesen, Ljunberg, Wright-Phillips and a few others, and managed to win the League, the Scottish Cup and the European Cup. Stayed with Celtic for a second year and repeated the treble.

Fancied a challenge, so I decided to move to Crystal Palace, who are in the Championship. Haven't got very much money at all, but have got Andy Johnson, which, is would appear, is one-up on the "real" Crystal Palace!

Haven't played any games as yet,

How is everyone else doing?
Tue 21/06/05 at 09:57
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
$L!CE wrote:
> I used hearts for 3 seasons and won everything then i moved to man
> utd, bought ronaldinho, figo, terry and pter cheque?
>
> I won 2 more seasons with united, got bored now playin pro!

Well, with Palace I have very little money so haven't dabbled in the transfer market as yet, but I've managed two wins and a draw so far.

I also have Pro Evo. Tried it for a while last night, but wasn't as "polished" as FIFA. I want to be able to play proper Leagues, with proper team names, and proper player names. And before everyone jumps on the "you can edit names you know" bandwagon, I've not got time to go through every flippin' team editting player names and team names, only for the commentary to still refer to Celtic as "Old Firm Green". Add to that, half the players I haven't got a clue who they are suppsoed to be anyway so I'd have to do a search on the Web or something . . . too much hassle!!!

Plus the kits are (sometimes) terribly inaccurate. And the commentary is woeful.

And before anyone kicks off, I have played it a fair amount on Live and have an average record, so I'm not a bad Pro Evo player!
Mon 20/06/05 at 20:11
Regular
I'm just bored of Fifa, and havn't played Pro Evo yet. Simple.
Mon 20/06/05 at 19:02
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
I used hearts for 3 seasons and won everything then i moved to man utd, bought ronaldinho, figo, terry and pter cheque?

I won 2 more seasons with united, got bored now playin pro!
Mon 20/06/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
It isn't that, but yes, a few people will.

The problem is that most people realise that Pro Evo is better, so you'll get minimal responses :P
Mon 20/06/05 at 16:36
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
OddToe wrote:
> *Cough* Pro Evo *Cough*

Yes yes yes - said it before, and I'll say it again, I prefer FIFA.

Now I suppose everyone will start ranting and raving about how great Pro Evo is and how rubbish FIFA is, but, each to their own.
Mon 20/06/05 at 16:13
Regular
*Cough* Pro Evo *Cough*
Mon 20/06/05 at 12:17
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
Thought it might be fun to discuss how our FIFA '05 careers are going.

I started with the Chicago Fire, winning all three Cups. Then moved to Celtic, buying Morientes, Gravesen, Ljunberg, Wright-Phillips and a few others, and managed to win the League, the Scottish Cup and the European Cup. Stayed with Celtic for a second year and repeated the treble.

Fancied a challenge, so I decided to move to Crystal Palace, who are in the Championship. Haven't got very much money at all, but have got Andy Johnson, which, is would appear, is one-up on the "real" Crystal Palace!

Haven't played any games as yet,

How is everyone else doing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.