GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have we forgotton someone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 20:10
Regular
The 64 is soon to utter its final breath and the GBA is about to smash the world but there is one console that has taken a back seat...

No not the Playstation 2 but the Gameboy Color. It has 3 weeks of its life left so I thought it to be my duty to say goodbye to a system that has made many long haul car journeys a joy! But this is the future of gaming so what ahs the last weeks of such an amazing console got install for us...

Well it isn't going quietly! Anyone played Alone in the Dark gobsmacking, I was blown away! I'd be shocked if those Graphics were GBA but the GBC!!! Capcom failed but Infogrammes haven't and it is excellent! So Pokemon and Alone in the Dark are there ready to say goodbye but what else?

Well there is a Pokemon game which hasen't made a big fuss, Puzzle challange will be released soon and on June 29th 2 Zelda games are coming out at the same time! One would of been enougth but 2!

Well Pokemon and Zelda, 2 of Nintendo's biggest names will be here to say goodbye so when a fresh new GBA comes through your post in the next few weeks spare a thought for that old 8-bit machine that would of fallen behind the closet never to be seen again.

Dringo
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:10
Regular
The 64 is soon to utter its final breath and the GBA is about to smash the world but there is one console that has taken a back seat...

No not the Playstation 2 but the Gameboy Color. It has 3 weeks of its life left so I thought it to be my duty to say goodbye to a system that has made many long haul car journeys a joy! But this is the future of gaming so what ahs the last weeks of such an amazing console got install for us...

Well it isn't going quietly! Anyone played Alone in the Dark gobsmacking, I was blown away! I'd be shocked if those Graphics were GBA but the GBC!!! Capcom failed but Infogrammes haven't and it is excellent! So Pokemon and Alone in the Dark are there ready to say goodbye but what else?

Well there is a Pokemon game which hasen't made a big fuss, Puzzle challange will be released soon and on June 29th 2 Zelda games are coming out at the same time! One would of been enougth but 2!

Well Pokemon and Zelda, 2 of Nintendo's biggest names will be here to say goodbye so when a fresh new GBA comes through your post in the next few weeks spare a thought for that old 8-bit machine that would of fallen behind the closet never to be seen again.

Dringo
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:18
Regular
Any opinions
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:21
That's all fine and well but it isn't really the future of gaming is it? I suppose you could say that the GBA is but the Gameboy is sinking into the dark mists of history.
Sure we'll miss it, but we've still got a bright future ahead of us and even if there is a nuclear apocalypse (George W Bush: Oops) at least we had a nice run.
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:23
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
BAM. BIg up the GBC. I didn't forget it. The GBC is not going without a fight with top titles coming out all the time. Unfortunately everyone is caught up in the Advance hype. Including me unfortunately so I have not had the chance to play some games I would otherwise jump at any opportunity.
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:25
Regular
gronti_v wrote:
> That's all fine and well but it isn't really the future of gaming is
> it? I suppose you could say that the GBA is but the Gameboy is
> sinking into the dark mists of history.
Sure we'll miss it, but
> we've still got a bright future ahead of us and even if there is a
> nuclear apocalypse (George W Bush: Oops) at least we had a nice
> run.

Yes it is the future of gaming i talked about the next 4 weeks for the GBC I took time to make sure it was about the future of gaming!

Dringo
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:28
"possibly impossible"
Nice post. yes, the Gameboy Color has been a godsend to many, and will still be sold in the thousands after the GBA launch, due to it's lower price (in the same way that the Playstation is still selling)

With the cross-compatibility, the games are sure to be made for a while yet and there will be many more smiling faces playing Gameboy Colors in years to come!

Incidentally, I noticed 3 children playing Gameboy Colors on just one trip to B&Q in Exeter the other day!
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:30
Regular
Unlike the 64 the GBC will be huge right until the final whistle"
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:32
The GBa will be around for a long time in my thoughts.
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:50
Regular
I somehow doubt that the Game Boy Color will be at the end of it's days when the Game Boy Advance is released.

I have quite a good library of games for the Game Boy Color and I will be keeping them because I love the classic 8-bit games.

Another reason I'll be keeping the Game Boy Color is because of Pokémon. To get as many Pokémon as I can, I will use the Game Boy Advance with one version, and my Game Boy Color with another and trade so that I don't need to find a friend with a Game Boy spare.

Another advantage to keeping my 8-bit container of 8-bit wonder is if my brother wants a go on my Gameboy Advance, I can still play on the Game Boy Color without any bother at all.

The new Pokémon Challenge game is one I'm gonna get. I loved the original Tetris Attack on the SNES and to have it on my Game Boy Color in Pokémon form is great! I hope some of my friends gets it so I can play against them.

The best time to get a console is when it's going out of date. That way you get all the games cheaper whilst people are buying the full price new ones. So even though I'm going to get the Game Boy Advance and a few games, I'm still going to be buying Game Boy/Game Boy Color games.

Long live the Game Boy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.