GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mild Religious Philosophy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 20:20
Regular
"SOUP!"
First there was equal weight attached: Moon, Sun, Wind, Earth, Water, all the things that man could see around him.

Next, as man began to understand dominance, and a hierarchical order to society, so did he impose that structure on his "gods".

The sun became the dominant god, considered the "father", and the moon became the "spouse" of the sun, essentially the second most powerful god.

As time progressed, so did man's intellect. Expression and abstract thought became more important to man as man became aware of himself. (Please understand the male pronoun being used as in classical literature, denoting both male and female.)

So mankind's gods evolved too. They become Zeus (sun), and other gods evolve from all of man's emerging emotions.

The next step in the evolution of religion (if you skip Rome before Christianity, which was essentially Greek gods transfigured into Roman gods), was Judaism. This recognized a connection of all that was "primal", and combined it into one omnipotent God.

But even then, there were archangels...beings with godly powers, but subordinate to "God", and derived from God.

Then there came Christianity. Jesus Christ walked the earth, and he was the very first to see the truth...that all of creation is connected. That each and every one of us is a part of God.

Think about that for a moment...it means that it is ludicrous for any human to act in violence against another human, because ultimately, we are all contributing to God. Only thing is, one man's god is another man's devil.

Think about it...as religion evolved, each preceding religion became "paganism" or "devil worship". Don't you see that this is just man's attempt to impose order on his peers?

As time moves on, the religions become ever more fine tuned to keep man in order.

Religion is evil.

Religion seeks to control.

Spirituality - that is what man must strive for.

Once man is in touch with his spirit, all war will cease. People will realize that they are more alike than different. Every year, more and more people are seeing it. That it is ludicrous to fight.

And the one thing the people who want to exploit this are afraid to face: We WILL resist.
Mon 25/07/05 at 09:26
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Ms. Thraves wrote:
> Please! Pay attention to me!!

You know, you might want to start paying your boyfriend a little more attention. The poor sod has gone into remission with his cancer, and here you are wasting your day trying to troll me.

I mean, I already knew you were an appalling mother. But to find out you're an inconsiderate girlfriend too...well, that's beyond the pail.
Fri 22/07/05 at 19:09
Regular
"bot"
You see, why would you do that? Why? Really?
You know it's going to aggravate him and you had no reason to pop this thread other than to make a snide remark.
Fri 22/07/05 at 17:51
Regular
Hey, looky hea..a thread about religion???

I think this is the one that Light was really looking for. He's just so screwed up he thought the Grix thread was about God.

Well, heh..sometimes I get confused too and start calling him "God" myself...

"Oh Grixxx..Ohhh God, ohh ohh Grii..Godd!! Ohhh Goddd!!!"

Hahahahaaa!!! :P

[S]I sux. Hrm.
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
Paradox is lies.
Tue 19/07/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Paradox wrote:
> Jesus Christ walked the earth, and he was the very first to see the truth...that all of creation is connected.

I think the Buddha bloke might question that, as well many Greek philsophers such as Heraclitus. Not to mention Lao-tzu, amongst others.
Thu 07/07/05 at 18:28
"Darkness, always"
heh
Thu 07/07/05 at 16:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> Ibi s guilty

Heh. It's ironic innit; he's turned into that which he once mocked.
Thu 07/07/05 at 16:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Paradox: wrote:

> I spelt it correctly in the title, then.
>
> Oh, and semi-colon, nice.

No, you....never mind.
Thu 07/07/05 at 14:16
Regular
"bot"
You had a double L but KT changed it to the correct spelling.
Thu 07/07/05 at 13:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
Light wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
>
>
> Heh, is it double L ?
>
> Nah; you'd spelt it double L, but KT corrected it for you.
> Spoilsport...

I spelt it correctly in the title, then.

Oh, and semi-colon, nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.