GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Controller"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/06/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
I managed to fix the controller, took it apart and the problem was at the base where the wire comes out, slit the insulation off and the little wires inside were nearly broken, their insulation was coming off and you could see the copper, so i individually wrapped them with insulating tape so that they wouldnt touch each other then wrapped it all up, and it works!!

But it may brake again so i was wondering if it is worth to get a wireless controller instead next time?
Mon 20/06/05 at 20:55
Regular
"Ruddie1"
ME and a few mates got 2 MadCatz wireless controllers for £30. I think they are rather good plus its alot less hassle if you got your Xbox in your car!
Mon 20/06/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
I saved about 10 quid fixing the controller, spent it on a new game " Top Spin" so hope fully the controller dosnt go on me now!!
Sun 19/06/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
Today i buyed a new mad catz xbox controller i really needed because the original from my xbox is all cuted inside the wire and there was no chance to play with the original controller.
Mad Catz controller cost me - £14.97 (like a ps2 controller)
Sun 19/06/05 at 09:58
Regular
You should see my controller.
It broke in the first week of having my X-Box but by some miracle it works still.

I might take a pic sometime.
Sat 18/06/05 at 22:31
Regular
"8==="
Too expensive?

They're 14 quid online.
Sat 18/06/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Nah, too expensive.

I've never had (or even known anyone that has had) a problem with the controllers.

You were probably just unlucky. Stick to what works (sort of).
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
I managed to fix the controller, took it apart and the problem was at the base where the wire comes out, slit the insulation off and the little wires inside were nearly broken, their insulation was coming off and you could see the copper, so i individually wrapped them with insulating tape so that they wouldnt touch each other then wrapped it all up, and it works!!

But it may brake again so i was wondering if it is worth to get a wireless controller instead next time?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.