GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Console For First Person Shooter's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/10/04 at 20:02
Regular
"TheScottishStallion"
Best Console For First Person Shooter's

Over the past 20 or so years the developments in computer gaming technology has advanced to an unbelievable extent, so much that 30 years ago would not have been realisticly possible. But since the dawn of 3d gaming which all started from such consoles as the sega saturn(ha remember that, nah neither do i!) and the messiah of all consoles THE PLAYSTATION! The very first FPS games such as DOOM, DUKE NUKEM and QUAKE, these games were originated on the PC but finally made their way onto the playstation but unfortunatly did not sell well.
Then came the N64! the toughest in competition to the playstation, many will say that the playstation was a much better console, whereas i would beg to differ, each console magnificent, each console specia in its own aspects of game play. The playstation famous for RPG games such as Final Fantasy, etc and Metal Gear Solid.
Then the N64, with the best in FPS games. GOLDEN EYE a revoloutionary game in its own rite! and Perfect Dark, sort of an upadated version of goldeneye with better game play and better multiplayer options. These are the reasons why i prefer the N64 to the playstation, weneva i had m8s round i would never say "fancy watching me play final fantasy?" obviously not, i would not want to bore them to death (im not saying final fantasy is boring, jus that it isnt ideal wen your entertaining guests). Instead i would say "turn the n64 on, im about to cain your ass on golden eye!" These mulitiplayer games on FPS games are so advanced with hours of fun and laughter. This is now continued onto the XBOX with games such as Halo, the co - op missions are so fun with your m8s which will be sure to see you playing it all night.
All this leaves you to ask, Which is the best console for FPS? is it ps1,ps2,N64,XBOX,Gamecube. Well not the playstation 1 or 2, i just dont believe that these consoles were designed for this kind of game play, the control is all wrong, wer as the N64 and XBOX are perfect. I believe that the XBOX is the modern day N64, it has all the aspects for FPS and much much more!
anyway i will leave you to decide.....
thanks for your time.....
Fri 18/02/05 at 01:28
Regular
"Catch it!"
PS2? Huh?Huh?Huh?
Wed 16/02/05 at 10:31
Regular
"\\"
Satans Bike wrote:
> Without a doubt the best FPS (im not sure about on any console)for PS2
> (at least) is Timesplitters 2. Never have i played a game so much for
> so long like 2 years continusly. It is a kick ass game, and in my
> opinion will only ever be bettered by TS3. Roll on march.

It's a shame it's multiformat though. PS2 < Xbox < PC (for FPS... and everything else)
Wed 16/02/05 at 10:29
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Valyk wrote:
> Time-Crisis 1 & 2, Vampire Nights are light gun games not FPS.

They are.
Fri 24/12/04 at 20:24
Regular
"The king of TS"
Without a doubt the best FPS (im not sure about on any console)for PS2 (at least) is Timesplitters 2. Never have i played a game so much for so long like 2 years continusly. It is a kick ass game, and in my opinion will only ever be bettered by TS3. Roll on march.
Sat 18/12/04 at 12:52
Regular
"back from hades"
Time-Crisis 1 & 2, Vampire Nights are light gun games not FPS>
Thu 04/11/04 at 19:07
Regular
JimmyMcFadden wrote:
> These are the reasons why i prefer the N64 to
> the playstation, weneva i had m8s round i would never say "fancy
> watching me play final fantasy?" obviously not, i would not want
> to bore them to death (im not saying final fantasy is boring, jus
> that it isnt ideal wen your entertaining guests).

Hehe. I was introduced to Final Fantasy 7 this way.
I was not impressed.

Actually, seeing my boredom, my friend let me play from the beggining, which was a little more interesting (and was the first step that gradually got me hooked on it...)...
Sun 31/10/04 at 21:29
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
What about the PS2?

The FPS titles it has are:

Time-Crisis 2,
Time-Crisis 3,
Vampire Night.

What about the PS2?
Sat 30/10/04 at 16:10
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
My eyes :' (
Fri 29/10/04 at 20:02
Regular
"TheScottishStallion"
Best Console For First Person Shooter's

Over the past 20 or so years the developments in computer gaming technology has advanced to an unbelievable extent, so much that 30 years ago would not have been realisticly possible. But since the dawn of 3d gaming which all started from such consoles as the sega saturn(ha remember that, nah neither do i!) and the messiah of all consoles THE PLAYSTATION! The very first FPS games such as DOOM, DUKE NUKEM and QUAKE, these games were originated on the PC but finally made their way onto the playstation but unfortunatly did not sell well.
Then came the N64! the toughest in competition to the playstation, many will say that the playstation was a much better console, whereas i would beg to differ, each console magnificent, each console specia in its own aspects of game play. The playstation famous for RPG games such as Final Fantasy, etc and Metal Gear Solid.
Then the N64, with the best in FPS games. GOLDEN EYE a revoloutionary game in its own rite! and Perfect Dark, sort of an upadated version of goldeneye with better game play and better multiplayer options. These are the reasons why i prefer the N64 to the playstation, weneva i had m8s round i would never say "fancy watching me play final fantasy?" obviously not, i would not want to bore them to death (im not saying final fantasy is boring, jus that it isnt ideal wen your entertaining guests). Instead i would say "turn the n64 on, im about to cain your ass on golden eye!" These mulitiplayer games on FPS games are so advanced with hours of fun and laughter. This is now continued onto the XBOX with games such as Halo, the co - op missions are so fun with your m8s which will be sure to see you playing it all night.
All this leaves you to ask, Which is the best console for FPS? is it ps1,ps2,N64,XBOX,Gamecube. Well not the playstation 1 or 2, i just dont believe that these consoles were designed for this kind of game play, the control is all wrong, wer as the N64 and XBOX are perfect. I believe that the XBOX is the modern day N64, it has all the aspects for FPS and much much more!
anyway i will leave you to decide.....
thanks for your time.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.