GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extermination"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 16:18
Regular
Is anyone getting this game as its out next week? I have heard some good things said about his game but no magazines I read or have seen have reviewed this yet. I have looked on Daily Radar and a few other gaming sites and they dont have a review. I want to get it on Friday but dont know if the final version is any good, as magazines hype a game up in previews then the finished product turns out to be a pile of crap. I dont think Extermination will be like this but I just want to make sure.
Fri 01/06/01 at 16:18
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Is anyone getting this game as its out next week? I have heard some good things said about his game but no magazines I read or have seen have reviewed this yet. I have looked on Daily Radar and a few other gaming sites and they dont have a review. I want to get it on Friday but dont know if the final version is any good, as magazines hype a game up in previews then the finished product turns out to be a pile of crap. I dont think Extermination will be like this but I just want to make sure.
Fri 01/06/01 at 16:22
"High polygon count"
I probably will get it, but like you, I've read no 'final' reviews.

But loving the genre as much as I do, I'm sure I'll enjoy it!
Fri 01/06/01 at 18:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think I will get this regardless of final reviews. It has been getting pretty good ratings from the states so it cant be that bad.
Fri 01/06/01 at 23:40
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I will definitely be getting this game on Friday. I have been waiting for this game for so long, and all the things I have read about this game are good.

In case you are still looking for a review there is one the latest OPS2 mag.
Fri 01/06/01 at 23:47
What did it get?
Fri 01/06/01 at 23:54
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
7 out of 10

The things they did not like about it was:
“The combat can be too weighted in ‘their’ favour”
“We want to wait for the next Resident Evil”

Apart from these two comments they think it is great
Fri 01/06/01 at 23:57
Cheers!

*Tarrant, again, folds his magazine money up and puts it back in his pocket*

Ah, another 5 of your English saved!
Sat 02/06/01 at 15:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
7 out of 10 is pretty good. I wouldnt let a comment like "were waiting for the next Resident Evil" put me off. The next Resident Evil is Code Veronica which I have for the DC.

Does anyone know if this game is short or long? Is it an over before you blink affair like the Resident Evil games. I love the Resident Evil games and dont care that they dont last long. I have also heard that Onimushua is quite short aswell.
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive heard that this game is pretty large and its not one that will be over in a short time, I may be wrong!!
Onimushua isnt suppose to be that long lasting but I think it will be one of those games you will want to play over and over again.
Im not sure whether to get Extermination next week or Rumble Racing - Which would you go for considering they both got the same sort of review ratings (7/10, 80-85%)??
Sun 03/06/01 at 08:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Depends on the games you like. If you want a survial horror game and cant wait for Onimushua then Extermination would be your choice.

I have read a review of Extermination from a person who has the game and he gave it 10/10 as I think he liked the survial horror genre.

Rumble Racing does look pretty good but for me I would chose Extermination.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.