GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory/FM problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/06/05 at 12:34
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Posted this in the PC Games forum, but thought i may as well try here. Any help would be appreciated:

------------------

Football Manager kept crashing on me after about an hours play. So i backed up my save file, uninstalled the game and then installed it again. However, now when i load it up, go to load my game, it wont load. A message says i have Dangerously Low Memory and to free some, then the next message says it is closing FM, which it promptly does. Ive no idea what it means by this and am puzzled. I play WoW and that works fine, does FM really take up more memory? So how do i free some if thats what i have to do?

Cheers
Wed 15/06/05 at 19:36
Regular
"Unretired"
Just create a batch file with lots of net stop commands for all the services you know are safe to shut down.
Then just put a shortcut to it somewhere and run it before playing games.

If you are feeling even more bored/geeky, create another batch with all the same services but "NET START" to start them again after gaming.

Or I suppose you could just get that enditall program someone mentioned..
Wed 15/06/05 at 13:16
Regular
I will tho. :)

I just repatched it all and its loaded up, but ill check out this programme if i get more crashes.

Thanks.
Wed 15/06/05 at 13:01
Regular
I wont.
Wed 15/06/05 at 12:59
Regular
Don't mention it
Wed 15/06/05 at 12:57
Regular
I've been looking for a program like that Bullett, ta.
Wed 15/06/05 at 12:54
Regular
It's not a sure-fire solution, but you could always download a program called EndItAll which closes every non-vital process on the computer, freeing up RAM and reducing CPU usage.

Google should point you in the right direction, it's free too.
Wed 15/06/05 at 12:34
Regular
Posted this in the PC Games forum, but thought i may as well try here. Any help would be appreciated:

------------------

Football Manager kept crashing on me after about an hours play. So i backed up my save file, uninstalled the game and then installed it again. However, now when i load it up, go to load my game, it wont load. A message says i have Dangerously Low Memory and to free some, then the next message says it is closing FM, which it promptly does. Ive no idea what it means by this and am puzzled. I play WoW and that works fine, does FM really take up more memory? So how do i free some if thats what i have to do?

Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.