GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MoJo's 21st"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/06/05 at 12:47
Regular
"That's right!"
I turn 21 on Tuesday, then I'll be old enough to do anything (even drink in America, though I'd better grow a beard if I don't want to get ID'd)

I've never had much luck with birthdays. My 16th was the first one I got pished on, during exam leave when myself, The Wal and The Fos started drinking at 9am. After five Buds and nine shots of vodka I was more than a little gone... puked a fair bit, had a hangover for my history exam the next day (which I failed)

17th, had people at my house since my parents were away, spent the night tidying up after them (I hate when friends of friends get invited) and didn't have much fun. Next day went to the pub where my mate worked, had another crap night.

18th, organised and re-organised a night out which went teets up when my friends went into town without me... I still can't figure that one out, but after a meal with my family I had to rush into town and it was already last orders. Another sober and crap night.

19th, parents away again, BBQ at mine, spent the day trying to stop my friends wrecking my garden and setting fire to things. Bit crap for me, everyone else had a blast at my expense.

20th, this time with added work colleagues. Went to town; started off well, got better, ended a bit abruptly but I was really drunk, had a laugh with my mates and puked when I got home. Had to do coursework the next day whilst very hung over (damn college deadlines)

So for my 21st I thought I'd do what we did last year, which was start at a pub just outside town then head into the city centre and get wrecked. Everyone who was there last year was invited, plus many many more (30 all together)

Then the texts and phone calls start coming in - sorry this, can't make that, we'll do it another time, blah blah blah. Knew it was going to happen, but not on this scale. It's like dominos, one person pulls out and about five go with them. I'd promised my mates some very fine girls, namely the two blondes I sit with at work who were well up for going out. One was off sick the last two days before we went out and the other was a bit nervous about not knowing many people there (we tried hooking up through the night but it never happened)

So out of 30+ people that should've been there, only 10 were there, all lads and nearly all my close friends who would never miss my birthday, and one or two from work who were surprised so few showed up.

I had my camera but it was doing some strange things (kept taking video when I was trying to snap a photo, I fixed that but not until the end of the night)

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0109.jpg[/URL]

My mate Paul outside the pub. Yep, he's wearing a Hurricane t-shirt. There was only me, him, Wal, Fos, Seb, Wal's brother + his wife then Big Peter, Big James and Michael all from work. Seb's brother showed up later on.

I'd arranged to go out before my birthday so my mate Darren could make it (he's going away next week for two holidays in a row, the bar-steward) and then he decides not to show up. He did make the effort, he was in town later and we tried meeting up but that NEVER works.

We headed into town but one genius (Michael) was wearing trainers so we got knocked back from the first bar we tried, and that's where it all started to go wrong. We spent more time trying to find a place we could all get into than we did drinking in said establishments, and I was sobering up quick. Went to the Newcastle uni, it was shut, went to Northumbria uni, it was 8 quid to get in because they had a band on. Went to Bar Oz (a badly done Australian themed bar) but left after one pint as it was dead.

I kept wanting to go to The Gate as people were texting me telling me they were there, but every time I convinced the group they'd see somewhere else on the way and want to go in there. Eventually, at 11, we ended up in Pacific. We'd been told it was open until 1, but I was the only one who spotted the huge writing on the wall saying "Open until 12". We were literally the only ones there...

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0111.jpg[/URL]

Mark and his wife. You can see the big "Open until 12" sign behind them...

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0115.jpg[/URL]

I'd complained that it was after 11 and I was still sober on my birthday, so Wal got me a quadruple whiskey. Ouch.

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0117.jpg[/URL]

Fos brought big freakin' cigars out, I think we had some sort of competition to see who could do the most interesting thing with the smoke... ooh, exciting...

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0118.jpg[/URL]

Wal, Mark and Big Peter.

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0122.jpg[/URL]

Wal and his brother's wife dancing like fools. Classic. I think I got some video footage of them while trying to snap a photo, I might upload it, it's only a second or two but you can see Wal bouncing like a mad man. At one point the bouncers were turned around watching them for ages, just staring.

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0129.jpg[/URL]

Fos downing his drink.

At 12 the bouncers told us to finish our drinks and get out (charming) so we wandered around for a bit, saw some people dancing in Munchies (a food place, it was canny funny) then Big Peter and I hopped in a taxi. It was only 12:30, I'd been drinking since 6 and was still bloody sober. All night I was still getting texts and phone calls from people asking where I was or that they were sorry but I couldn't be bothered to care any more. When I turned my phone on this morning I had more waiting for me.

Everyone said they had a good time, and I did have a laugh, but it was a bit craptacular for a 21st birthday. My parents are away for two weeks next week so I'll have to have a big house party to make up for it (and hope I don't have to run around babysitting my friends to stop them wrecking the place)

Not looking forward to Monday at work, it'll be more apologies and asking if I had a good time.
Sun 12/06/05 at 22:14
Regular
"That's right!"
That's right, Goatboy, all the Beano characters were there.
Sun 12/06/05 at 19:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
WAL!
BIG PETER!
SMASHA!
Sun 12/06/05 at 19:17
Regular
"the whites are goin"
btw i was jokin mate
Sun 12/06/05 at 19:07
Regular
"That's right!"
monkey_man wrote:
> Why does everyone have a mate with an Asian bride...?

--------

Can't say I know too many... It's weird, Mark's friends (us) are all nailing her friends back in Thailand.

I can't think who's birthday is next in my group of friends, in terms of months in the year I have the latest birthday, Seb turns 22 in October which is quite a wait.
Sun 12/06/05 at 14:00
Regular
"the whites are goin"
to be honest i dnt care bout ur birthday, i hope u have a horrible day, where ur dog dies, and ur gf ditches you, lmfao!
Sun 12/06/05 at 13:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They were giving them out for free on the East Street Market last week.
Sun 12/06/05 at 12:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Why does everyone have a mate with an Asian bride...?
Sun 12/06/05 at 12:51
Regular
Sounds alright.

I had my 18th last Tuesday.

Saturday night (the 4th) - Massive house party
Tuesday night - Pub with family
Wednesday night - Pub with a few mates
Thursday night - Pub with loads of mates

It has been a good week..

Although, exams start next week :-(
Sun 12/06/05 at 12:47
Regular
"That's right!"
I turn 21 on Tuesday, then I'll be old enough to do anything (even drink in America, though I'd better grow a beard if I don't want to get ID'd)

I've never had much luck with birthdays. My 16th was the first one I got pished on, during exam leave when myself, The Wal and The Fos started drinking at 9am. After five Buds and nine shots of vodka I was more than a little gone... puked a fair bit, had a hangover for my history exam the next day (which I failed)

17th, had people at my house since my parents were away, spent the night tidying up after them (I hate when friends of friends get invited) and didn't have much fun. Next day went to the pub where my mate worked, had another crap night.

18th, organised and re-organised a night out which went teets up when my friends went into town without me... I still can't figure that one out, but after a meal with my family I had to rush into town and it was already last orders. Another sober and crap night.

19th, parents away again, BBQ at mine, spent the day trying to stop my friends wrecking my garden and setting fire to things. Bit crap for me, everyone else had a blast at my expense.

20th, this time with added work colleagues. Went to town; started off well, got better, ended a bit abruptly but I was really drunk, had a laugh with my mates and puked when I got home. Had to do coursework the next day whilst very hung over (damn college deadlines)

So for my 21st I thought I'd do what we did last year, which was start at a pub just outside town then head into the city centre and get wrecked. Everyone who was there last year was invited, plus many many more (30 all together)

Then the texts and phone calls start coming in - sorry this, can't make that, we'll do it another time, blah blah blah. Knew it was going to happen, but not on this scale. It's like dominos, one person pulls out and about five go with them. I'd promised my mates some very fine girls, namely the two blondes I sit with at work who were well up for going out. One was off sick the last two days before we went out and the other was a bit nervous about not knowing many people there (we tried hooking up through the night but it never happened)

So out of 30+ people that should've been there, only 10 were there, all lads and nearly all my close friends who would never miss my birthday, and one or two from work who were surprised so few showed up.

I had my camera but it was doing some strange things (kept taking video when I was trying to snap a photo, I fixed that but not until the end of the night)

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0109.jpg[/URL]

My mate Paul outside the pub. Yep, he's wearing a Hurricane t-shirt. There was only me, him, Wal, Fos, Seb, Wal's brother + his wife then Big Peter, Big James and Michael all from work. Seb's brother showed up later on.

I'd arranged to go out before my birthday so my mate Darren could make it (he's going away next week for two holidays in a row, the bar-steward) and then he decides not to show up. He did make the effort, he was in town later and we tried meeting up but that NEVER works.

We headed into town but one genius (Michael) was wearing trainers so we got knocked back from the first bar we tried, and that's where it all started to go wrong. We spent more time trying to find a place we could all get into than we did drinking in said establishments, and I was sobering up quick. Went to the Newcastle uni, it was shut, went to Northumbria uni, it was 8 quid to get in because they had a band on. Went to Bar Oz (a badly done Australian themed bar) but left after one pint as it was dead.

I kept wanting to go to The Gate as people were texting me telling me they were there, but every time I convinced the group they'd see somewhere else on the way and want to go in there. Eventually, at 11, we ended up in Pacific. We'd been told it was open until 1, but I was the only one who spotted the huge writing on the wall saying "Open until 12". We were literally the only ones there...

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0111.jpg[/URL]

Mark and his wife. You can see the big "Open until 12" sign behind them...

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0115.jpg[/URL]

I'd complained that it was after 11 and I was still sober on my birthday, so Wal got me a quadruple whiskey. Ouch.

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0117.jpg[/URL]

Fos brought big freakin' cigars out, I think we had some sort of competition to see who could do the most interesting thing with the smoke... ooh, exciting...

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0118.jpg[/URL]

Wal, Mark and Big Peter.

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0122.jpg[/URL]

Wal and his brother's wife dancing like fools. Classic. I think I got some video footage of them while trying to snap a photo, I might upload it, it's only a second or two but you can see Wal bouncing like a mad man. At one point the bouncers were turned around watching them for ages, just staring.

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/G%2021st/IMG_0129.jpg[/URL]

Fos downing his drink.

At 12 the bouncers told us to finish our drinks and get out (charming) so we wandered around for a bit, saw some people dancing in Munchies (a food place, it was canny funny) then Big Peter and I hopped in a taxi. It was only 12:30, I'd been drinking since 6 and was still bloody sober. All night I was still getting texts and phone calls from people asking where I was or that they were sorry but I couldn't be bothered to care any more. When I turned my phone on this morning I had more waiting for me.

Everyone said they had a good time, and I did have a laugh, but it was a bit craptacular for a 21st birthday. My parents are away for two weeks next week so I'll have to have a big house party to make up for it (and hope I don't have to run around babysitting my friends to stop them wrecking the place)

Not looking forward to Monday at work, it'll be more apologies and asking if I had a good time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.