GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pixlr - Free online Graphics Editor"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/10/09 at 14:02
"Are you sure?"
Online graphics editors are improving all the time...

I've recently been looking at pixlr a free online service - nothing to download or install.

You can import images from your PC or another web page and get playing straight away.

It has many of the tools you would expect to find in a mature graphics editor - marguee, crop, clone, erase, blur, smudge, sharpen, etc, etc.

Some of the online editors I've looked at in the past don't have undo/history type options unlike this one. Essential for a graphics program! pixlr also allows you to work with layers and has many more advanced features.

As with all graphics programs it does take a while to get comfortable with all the options - but as free online apps go this seems quite promising and definitely worth a look.

If you happen to be visiting someone and don't have all your own 'tools' with you this could get you out of trouble.

Normally I use Macromedia Fireworks (PC app.) for any graphics work but this isn't a free application! For a while I've been meaning to install GIMP 'GNU Image Manipulation Program' which for a long time has been one of the best known free graphics programs available.
Anyone out there already using it?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 20/10/09 at 18:59
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I've used GIMP a little bit for some simple image resizing and layering (I managed to give Warhunt's avatar a pretty pink hue!), which was fairly simple and straight forward to do. The program looks nice and all features/functions are where you'd expect them to be, which is always a bonus.

Normally though I use paint.net as it seems to do less and better suits my needs.

GIMP does seem fairly powerful though will do alot more than I'll ever need it for, and given that it is free and fairly quick to install I'd definitely recommend giving it a go
Tue 20/10/09 at 16:31
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I know Moto and McLong have used that before, as has LukeM.

I use paint.net for the basic stuff, but in reality most of the stuff done uses Photoshop here.

GIMP is supposed to be pretty similar however....
Tue 20/10/09 at 14:02
"Are you sure?"
Online graphics editors are improving all the time...

I've recently been looking at pixlr a free online service - nothing to download or install.

You can import images from your PC or another web page and get playing straight away.

It has many of the tools you would expect to find in a mature graphics editor - marguee, crop, clone, erase, blur, smudge, sharpen, etc, etc.

Some of the online editors I've looked at in the past don't have undo/history type options unlike this one. Essential for a graphics program! pixlr also allows you to work with layers and has many more advanced features.

As with all graphics programs it does take a while to get comfortable with all the options - but as free online apps go this seems quite promising and definitely worth a look.

If you happen to be visiting someone and don't have all your own 'tools' with you this could get you out of trouble.

Normally I use Macromedia Fireworks (PC app.) for any graphics work but this isn't a free application! For a while I've been meaning to install GIMP 'GNU Image Manipulation Program' which for a long time has been one of the best known free graphics programs available.
Anyone out there already using it?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.