GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The red star and Acclaim"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/10/04 at 20:08
Regular
""
Ok, so I suppose most of you have heard about (I'm not too sure about this mind you) the liquidation of Acclaim. Doesn't really bother me apart from The Red Star was being made by them. I don't care what other people say but I think this is great game. The only way it can stay in developement is if some company or group purchase the developement.

The doesn't look promising at this moment right now.... but I reckon that we can all club together to pay £1 a week to buty the developement... and then hire a team to keep the production rolling.... perhaps we can borrow some workers from Nike.... may be a bit of a language barrier mind you.

OK, so obviously it's not gonna happen.... but it would be such a gaming revolution if it did.

Thank you for reading... or not...as the case may well be.

Sarc.

p.s. I'm offering loans at a 2% interest rate for those who are a bit cash strapped.

2% interest rate for 1 hour, 400% there after
Tue 02/11/04 at 19:27
Regular
""
Apple Crumble wrote:
Not that I
> care, because the game doesn't look too awe-inspiring.

Ah, but the proof is in the pudding... as they say

(they being the voices in the walls)
Mon 01/11/04 at 22:09
Regular
I ain't paying no money to Acclaim.

It's their fault they're in debt because they are poor games developers.

Anyway, as I've said, EA will probably publish Red Star. Not that I care, because the game doesn't look too awe-inspiring.
Mon 01/11/04 at 17:15
Regular
Acclaim would pay off their debts, find a totally new bunch of staff as their last lot will have gone elsewhere and get themselves in even more debt trying to develop something else :P
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:12
Regular
""
True, very true. Though it would mean Acclaim would get back on their feet.... Ok I'll stop talking about it. It was a really pants idea, I was just bored and I was otherwise going to have to resort to talking to myself... again.
Sun 31/10/04 at 19:42
Regular
I was referring to the idea of donation than your literary skills.

Donating money on a regular basis would just help those companies who Acclaim are in debt with get their money back.
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:48
Regular
""
Edgy wrote:
> I had more fun stubbing my toe than reading that idea.
>
> I don't like to see any games company go into liquidation...though
> I wouldn't complain if Sony were forced to
but that really was a
> terrible idea.

Thanks for your support there Edgy. I only posted it because the forum was pretty much dead. It wasn't supposed to be a literary master peace.
Sun 31/10/04 at 08:05
Regular
"eat toast!"
I've seen a preview of the red star and it looks like a game i would buy. EA would buy everything and i'm sure it'll get a publisher.
Sun 31/10/04 at 00:01
Regular
I wouldn't be surprised if EA were the publisher.

Look at Burnout 3.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:59
Regular
I had more fun stubbing my toe than reading that idea.

I don't like to see any games company go into liquidation...though I wouldn't complain if Sony were forced to but that really was a terrible idea.
Sat 30/10/04 at 20:08
Regular
""
Ok, so I suppose most of you have heard about (I'm not too sure about this mind you) the liquidation of Acclaim. Doesn't really bother me apart from The Red Star was being made by them. I don't care what other people say but I think this is great game. The only way it can stay in developement is if some company or group purchase the developement.

The doesn't look promising at this moment right now.... but I reckon that we can all club together to pay £1 a week to buty the developement... and then hire a team to keep the production rolling.... perhaps we can borrow some workers from Nike.... may be a bit of a language barrier mind you.

OK, so obviously it's not gonna happen.... but it would be such a gaming revolution if it did.

Thank you for reading... or not...as the case may well be.

Sarc.

p.s. I'm offering loans at a 2% interest rate for those who are a bit cash strapped.

2% interest rate for 1 hour, 400% there after

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.