GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Glazer's plans revealed..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/06/05 at 15:54
Regular
"Mozzy"
Manchester United supporters are facing the likelihood of a huge increase in ticket prices under new owner Malcolm Glazer.

According to The Times, Glazer is planning to raise the price of Old Trafford tickets by 54 percent within the next five years.

The newspaper made the claims after suggesting it viewed 'previously unseen documents' on Glazer's five-year vision for The Red Devils.

The report also suggests that UEFA Champions League ticket prices will increase by 25 percent from next year

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson will also be limited to a player spending budget of £25 million per season - excluding receipts from player sales - while an added £25 million will also be available to spend over the five-year period.

Glazer's reported five-year plan includes the new owner's desire to increase the club's revenues by 52 percent from £161.5 million this year to £245.6 million by 2010.

Under the plan, the improved turnover would be funded by a 61 percent increase in matchday sales, a 13 percent rise in media sales and a 76 percent increase in sales of merchandise and other commercial activities.

Glazer's plan also suggests that United players would be expected to appear in a yearly showcase match in the owner's hometown of Tampa, Florida.

The report is sure to further disillusion United supporters, with some fans seemingly ready to follow through with their boycott of the Premiership giants following Glazer's takeover last month

Got this from a forum, I haven't got a link.

Anyway, I feel sorry for Man Utd fans, it's going to be very hard to follow their team.
Sun 19/06/05 at 22:47
Regular
"Mozzy"
Xzibit wrote:
> I only read this topic because it i thought it said

Read that back to your self and once you've done so, slap yourself.
Sun 19/06/05 at 13:59
Regular
"es argh"
lol1
Sun 19/06/05 at 11:22
Regular
"~DPG~"
I only read this topic because it i thought it said: Gazzers planes, lol, my bad!
Sun 19/06/05 at 03:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Neither, it seems, can you grasp long term strategy.
>
> No europe, no cash, no money to service Glazers debts, no Glazer. In
> the short term, detrimental to the club, in the long term, it hand
> the club back into the hands of the fans.

So Glazer doesn't get any money which means the debt keeps getting larger which will mean United go into administration and the assets get sold including Old Trafford, but hey least the mean little leprechaun will be gone eh? Great long term strategy that.

Glazer's running the club now, fans should just accept that and get behind the team.
Sat 18/06/05 at 23:03
"Darkness, always"
Neither, it seems, can you grasp long term strategy.

No europe, no cash, no money to service Glazers debts, no Glazer. In the short term, detrimental to the club, in the long term, it hand the club back into the hands of the fans.
Sat 18/06/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So they want the club kicked out of a competition that will make the club quite a bit of cash because Glazer has put the club in debt?

Hmmmm nope sorry i can't grasp moron so i don't understand that logic
Sat 18/06/05 at 15:56
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=285770&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Fans+want+Europe+exit&channel=Football_Home[/URL]

Buh... what?
Thu 16/06/05 at 20:10
"Darkness, always"
Not necessarily.

Utd have gone two years witout a Prem win, yet it's still widely agreed that, should they break from the collective TV deal, they would stand to benefit the most, by quite some margin.

Throughout the eighties, when the team was pretty dire, the club was still among the most supported in the land.

Glazer makes money either way. It is the team that suffers for his pockets. Not to mention the fans who will be effectively paying for him to buy manchester united by continuing to put money into the club.
Wed 15/06/05 at 22:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Maybe. Still, for him to rid himself of debt, Man United have to make a lot of money. Because he needs to make a few hundred million.

And for that to happen, Man United still have to be successful. :-)
Wed 15/06/05 at 21:55
I thought he wasn't in to make money, just to relieve himself of his debts, offloading them all onto the club then selling.

No?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.