GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The sun"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/06/05 at 13:52
Regular
Ouchies. As you can tell from the username, the sun can be a wonderful thing, but also dangerous. Being the boring person that I am, I was looking through all the suncreams and stuff, and was a bit baffled. Obviously the higher the sun factor, the better the protection - but I've heard that it varies depending on the type of skin you have.

This I get - fair skinned people who burn easily will need a high SPF; but even if you're darked skinned, how is using a higher SPF than recommended any less optimal? The prices are the same by the way, whether it's SPF 15 or 30.

Secondly, on most of the products is a UVA rating with a few stars - most are 3 or 4. But underneath the description varies - you have some creams that offer 4 Star, "Good". While others have 3 Star, "Superior". Huhhhhh????

Apologies for possibly making the most mundane summer related topic ever, but hey, it's all about playing safe. *wink*
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:58
Regular
"8==="
I know, I was hoping this was a rant against a certain moronic tabloid.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:58
Regular
Factor 12 is adequate.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:57
Regular
That wasn't helpful at all.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:53
Regular
"8==="
The higher The Sun factor the more ignorant the nation is.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:52
Regular
Ouchies. As you can tell from the username, the sun can be a wonderful thing, but also dangerous. Being the boring person that I am, I was looking through all the suncreams and stuff, and was a bit baffled. Obviously the higher the sun factor, the better the protection - but I've heard that it varies depending on the type of skin you have.

This I get - fair skinned people who burn easily will need a high SPF; but even if you're darked skinned, how is using a higher SPF than recommended any less optimal? The prices are the same by the way, whether it's SPF 15 or 30.

Secondly, on most of the products is a UVA rating with a few stars - most are 3 or 4. But underneath the description varies - you have some creams that offer 4 Star, "Good". While others have 3 Star, "Superior". Huhhhhh????

Apologies for possibly making the most mundane summer related topic ever, but hey, it's all about playing safe. *wink*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.