GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"metal gear solid 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:27
Regular
"no nonsense"
will it come out for xbox or not?

i heard it was an exlusive but not sure. hope its not coz the mgs series have bn great.

the best i have got on mgs3 is this:

"Coming soon on PS2 and PC
What makes it cool: Uh, it's Metal Gear ya fool. While Xbox lovers were treated to an updated version of Metal Gear Solid 2 a year after its PS2 release, the future of Metal Gear 3 isn't quite as certain. Metal Gear has become synonymous with Sony, so much so that it almost feels like a first-party property. Though there's still a lot unknown about the upcoming blockbuster, we do know that gamers will be placed in a jungle setting to make Snake just a little more Rambo. As with MGS 2, the trailer for Snake Eater looks fan-f'ing-tastic and there's no reason to assume it won't live up to the hype. But that hype will be realized on PS2 and PC only.

How Xbox would make it better: PS2 games are famous for jaggies, shimmer, and draw distance issues. The Xbox can minimize the graphical limitations that will surely be seen in Snake Eater on PS2. MGS 3 will look great on Sony's system, but it would look better on Xbox. Where the Xbox can also help is with the use of the hard drive to cut down on load times. Quicker menu access (answer another call, Snake!) and a more seamless presentation would make for a more engrossing experience. For anyone who thinks the hard drive is just a giant memory card, it is actually doing more for you than you realize.

Likelihood: This one is highly probable. Konami has never shrunk away from the Xbox, they just happen to know they can make more money coming out the gate as a PS2 exclusive. Since this is being developed for the PC, it would be a pretty easy port onto Xbox. It may not be until 2005, but this is one to bet on. 70% chance."

dont actually know who said this but it looks like a guess. what do you lot think?
Sun 31/10/04 at 12:23
Regular
"no nonsense"
i hope it comes out i love the mgs series, think there one of the best action adventure games out,

raiden's game wasn't a good idea, snake is way cooler whereas raiden was just a clumbsy, blonde haired loser. still loved the game though lol
Sun 31/10/04 at 11:34
"Retarded List"
I've played MGS2 and I think that most of it's crap. i.e. Raidens game.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:59
Regular
I love Metal Gear games.

Anyway, 'Sanke Eater', what an amusing name.

It will probably grace upon the Xbox, seeing as Xbox seem to get most of PS2s 'we get it first' games, and Konami are treating Microsoft with open arms, after creating a completely re-worked PES4 with better visuals etc...

I wouldn't be suprised if it hit the Xbox in early 2005.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:35
Regular
Apparently the Snake Eater lobby cards in America were all printed with an Xbox logo on them.

When asked, Konami said it was an accident. It all seems a bit too much of a coincidence to me though.

Not that I really care though, I can't stand the Metal Gear games.
Sat 30/10/04 at 23:27
Regular
"no nonsense"
will it come out for xbox or not?

i heard it was an exlusive but not sure. hope its not coz the mgs series have bn great.

the best i have got on mgs3 is this:

"Coming soon on PS2 and PC
What makes it cool: Uh, it's Metal Gear ya fool. While Xbox lovers were treated to an updated version of Metal Gear Solid 2 a year after its PS2 release, the future of Metal Gear 3 isn't quite as certain. Metal Gear has become synonymous with Sony, so much so that it almost feels like a first-party property. Though there's still a lot unknown about the upcoming blockbuster, we do know that gamers will be placed in a jungle setting to make Snake just a little more Rambo. As with MGS 2, the trailer for Snake Eater looks fan-f'ing-tastic and there's no reason to assume it won't live up to the hype. But that hype will be realized on PS2 and PC only.

How Xbox would make it better: PS2 games are famous for jaggies, shimmer, and draw distance issues. The Xbox can minimize the graphical limitations that will surely be seen in Snake Eater on PS2. MGS 3 will look great on Sony's system, but it would look better on Xbox. Where the Xbox can also help is with the use of the hard drive to cut down on load times. Quicker menu access (answer another call, Snake!) and a more seamless presentation would make for a more engrossing experience. For anyone who thinks the hard drive is just a giant memory card, it is actually doing more for you than you realize.

Likelihood: This one is highly probable. Konami has never shrunk away from the Xbox, they just happen to know they can make more money coming out the gate as a PS2 exclusive. Since this is being developed for the PC, it would be a pretty easy port onto Xbox. It may not be until 2005, but this is one to bet on. 70% chance."

dont actually know who said this but it looks like a guess. what do you lot think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.