GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Compaq Armada Laptops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/06/05 at 15:01
Regular
Hi, I hope you can help me even though these are old laptops.

I have a Compaq Armada E500. The case is cracked and basically the laptop is falling apart, and it aint the smallest laptop.

My friend used to have a Compaq M300 which looked almost the same, but was smaller. Unforunately he sold it on.

I was wondering, is it possible for me to buy a M300(from ebay or something) and then put my system board, ram, cpu, hdd into it from my E500? Im not sure if it will physically fit inside, but would there be compatiblity issues? ive seen cheap ones for like 333 Mhz cpu's, but my E500 has a 600 Mhz Pentium 3, can i swap them?

Thanks
Wed 08/06/05 at 18:12
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
buy the one from ebay and use that one?
Wed 08/06/05 at 17:56
Regular
"bing bang bong"
That sounds like a whole world of hurt. Laptops aren't really designed to have parts swapped around. You're very likely to find something that doesn't fit somewhere.
Wed 08/06/05 at 15:01
Regular
Hi, I hope you can help me even though these are old laptops.

I have a Compaq Armada E500. The case is cracked and basically the laptop is falling apart, and it aint the smallest laptop.

My friend used to have a Compaq M300 which looked almost the same, but was smaller. Unforunately he sold it on.

I was wondering, is it possible for me to buy a M300(from ebay or something) and then put my system board, ram, cpu, hdd into it from my E500? Im not sure if it will physically fit inside, but would there be compatiblity issues? ive seen cheap ones for like 333 Mhz cpu's, but my E500 has a 600 Mhz Pentium 3, can i swap them?

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.