GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Supermanitis"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 00:56
Regular
To some, pleasure and pain are the same... but regardless of all that even the most sadistic gamer alive couldn't have stood more than one level of Superman 64. Playing Resident Evil: CV in the dark, all alone, with all the windows open during a thunderstorm maybe, but NOT Superman 64.

But if a game like this can appear on a platform that has shown some of the best and most innovative games around surely we could see another Superman game for the Gamecube...

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but apparantly, there is a Superman game set... whether it will follow in suit of it's 64 predecessor, I don't know.

One things that 'gets' me, is that if a game like Superman64 can make it onto the N64 or Gamecube, will we ever see the back of 'Bad Games'? Of course without bad games we wouldn't be able to determine Good games but still, with the power of the Gamecube... and games like Starfox Adventures being made, there is no excuse for bad games...!

You can Say "But hey, It's Rare" So what...so is Mew! Rare Shmare...they make good games, yes, but even small companies like Midway can make a decent game! I suppose the games on a console are like E3....Big-Time players that steal the show...(Perfect dark, MGS2) and other small traders that are out to earn their piece...(Snowboard Kids, Spyro)

I just think that if Nintendo start to bring in games like Superman 64, the Gamecube might go a little pear-shaped. And they might lose their reputation as a quality games maker with no concern for the industry as a whole!

Maybe it's me, but if bad games become the focus for developers and the easy-to-develop-for Gamecube... this 'Supermanitis' might be the rat that causes the plague...if you know what I mean...

But hey, with some great titles on the horizon the Gamecube looks great, I am just a little concerned...that if Nintendo were willing to release Superman on the N64, I don't know WHAT they'll let through for the Gamecube...

Scary...

Game

Any thoughts?
Fri 01/06/01 at 00:56
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
To some, pleasure and pain are the same... but regardless of all that even the most sadistic gamer alive couldn't have stood more than one level of Superman 64. Playing Resident Evil: CV in the dark, all alone, with all the windows open during a thunderstorm maybe, but NOT Superman 64.

But if a game like this can appear on a platform that has shown some of the best and most innovative games around surely we could see another Superman game for the Gamecube...

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but apparantly, there is a Superman game set... whether it will follow in suit of it's 64 predecessor, I don't know.

One things that 'gets' me, is that if a game like Superman64 can make it onto the N64 or Gamecube, will we ever see the back of 'Bad Games'? Of course without bad games we wouldn't be able to determine Good games but still, with the power of the Gamecube... and games like Starfox Adventures being made, there is no excuse for bad games...!

You can Say "But hey, It's Rare" So what...so is Mew! Rare Shmare...they make good games, yes, but even small companies like Midway can make a decent game! I suppose the games on a console are like E3....Big-Time players that steal the show...(Perfect dark, MGS2) and other small traders that are out to earn their piece...(Snowboard Kids, Spyro)

I just think that if Nintendo start to bring in games like Superman 64, the Gamecube might go a little pear-shaped. And they might lose their reputation as a quality games maker with no concern for the industry as a whole!

Maybe it's me, but if bad games become the focus for developers and the easy-to-develop-for Gamecube... this 'Supermanitis' might be the rat that causes the plague...if you know what I mean...

But hey, with some great titles on the horizon the Gamecube looks great, I am just a little concerned...that if Nintendo were willing to release Superman on the N64, I don't know WHAT they'll let through for the Gamecube...

Scary...

Game

Any thoughts?
Fri 01/06/01 at 00:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I don't agree. The PSone had shed loads of bad games, but it is still out-selling the "superior" N64.

Anyway, it's good to have some variety. One man's hell is another man's heaven!
Fri 01/06/01 at 01:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
turbonutter wrote:
> I don't agree. The PSone had shed loads of bad games, but it is
> still out-selling the "superior" N64.

Only in Europe!
Fri 01/06/01 at 01:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hey er-no. Have you got MSN? Wanna chat on WLT?
Fri 01/06/01 at 01:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
I thought Superman 64 was a great game, I found it challenging to pick up and annoyingly easy to put down,.
Superb Game. 10/10!

Superman 128 I just can't wait! Maybe this time they could make it so you can actually control Superman, not just try to!
Fri 01/06/01 at 01:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
er-no wrote:

Maybe this time they could make it so you can actually control Superman, not just try to!

I think I know what you're doing wrong....

In front of you, on the control pad, you should see a grey 'Analogue Stick'...^_^....

Just kidding...
Fri 01/06/01 at 08:56
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Superman........that game should never have been made let alone released. I say death to Clark Kent DEath!!!!
Fri 01/06/01 at 11:18
I think superman had the potential to be a good game, on paper it must of sounded great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.