GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life, the universe, and Scrubs..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/06/06 at 16:27
Regular
Ever played the N64 video game Conker’s Bad Fur Day? Judging by your indifferent reaction, the answer is probably no. It is perhaps the most ridiculous game ever conceived, ever. A game that surrounds a cartoon squirrel who got drunk one night and woke up in a field. Your task, as the gamer, is to return this lewd rodent back to his abode. Problems arise when giant singing turds, swearing cogs and short, squeaky voice grim reapers with an aversion to cats, get in the way, and that’s not to mention a Panther who is intent on capturing the animal to use as a table leg. Because of this you can see how Conker’s Bad Fur day can be perceived as the most ridiculous game ever conceived, ever. Yet, as the game reached its climax, the usual hilarity stopped. The squirrel never reached his home, his girlfriend was shot dead and as the credits silently rolled by, the full tragedy of the ending hit home. There I was, at the end of the most ridiculous, hilarious and insane gaming invention ever, and I am gutted.

Why do I mention this?

I mention this, because, as I write to you, I am watching Scrubs. And this utterly hilarious and insane medical comedy reminds me of this game. It reminds me of this game because it is filled with some or the most ridiculous hospital antics ever and yet, more often than not, you are left feeling gutted by the end, as a loveable character passes away or discovers they have a life damaging illness.

So how do these two ridiculous and nonsensical entities evoke such a reaction from me?

Well, maybe it is because it is a realistic reflection of life itself. Life is also ridiculous… hilarious… insane and nonsensical. Yet it is also heart wrenching… gutting… and most of all, tragic. Life is one big tragic comedy. Before recent events I mistook the confusion and the lack of sense as the tragedy, as the darkest parts of human existence. Yet the real tragedy in life is far, far worse than the discontent that plights our society today; it is the fact that we no longer remember what it is to be happy.

In the words of Conker, the squirrel, “It is true what they say, The grass is always greener, and we don’t know what we truly have, until it’s gone,

gone,

gone.”
Fri 16/06/06 at 11:47
Regular
Celestine wrote:
> Hm, Dring dahling, it's pretty sad when you start reflecting on
> the inequities of your life based on Conker's Bad Fur Day and
> Scrubs.

Ah I know. It is absurd isn't it... but then that's the point.

Life is absurd!!!!! Brilliantly so.
Fri 16/06/06 at 09:43
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Thats a bit deep. I am sitting at work with a bit of, well a lot of, a hang over and I read this. I can feel me head hurting because of this. Ouch. On a lighter note, I never played the game. It does sound very random. Might have to track it down and dust off the N64.
Thu 15/06/06 at 20:35
Regular
Hm, Dring dahling, it's pretty sad when you start reflecting on the inequities of your life based on Conker's Bad Fur Day and Scrubs. But, umm..I hope you win a GAD for it anyways. :)
Thu 15/06/06 at 16:27
Regular
Ever played the N64 video game Conker’s Bad Fur Day? Judging by your indifferent reaction, the answer is probably no. It is perhaps the most ridiculous game ever conceived, ever. A game that surrounds a cartoon squirrel who got drunk one night and woke up in a field. Your task, as the gamer, is to return this lewd rodent back to his abode. Problems arise when giant singing turds, swearing cogs and short, squeaky voice grim reapers with an aversion to cats, get in the way, and that’s not to mention a Panther who is intent on capturing the animal to use as a table leg. Because of this you can see how Conker’s Bad Fur day can be perceived as the most ridiculous game ever conceived, ever. Yet, as the game reached its climax, the usual hilarity stopped. The squirrel never reached his home, his girlfriend was shot dead and as the credits silently rolled by, the full tragedy of the ending hit home. There I was, at the end of the most ridiculous, hilarious and insane gaming invention ever, and I am gutted.

Why do I mention this?

I mention this, because, as I write to you, I am watching Scrubs. And this utterly hilarious and insane medical comedy reminds me of this game. It reminds me of this game because it is filled with some or the most ridiculous hospital antics ever and yet, more often than not, you are left feeling gutted by the end, as a loveable character passes away or discovers they have a life damaging illness.

So how do these two ridiculous and nonsensical entities evoke such a reaction from me?

Well, maybe it is because it is a realistic reflection of life itself. Life is also ridiculous… hilarious… insane and nonsensical. Yet it is also heart wrenching… gutting… and most of all, tragic. Life is one big tragic comedy. Before recent events I mistook the confusion and the lack of sense as the tragedy, as the darkest parts of human existence. Yet the real tragedy in life is far, far worse than the discontent that plights our society today; it is the fact that we no longer remember what it is to be happy.

In the words of Conker, the squirrel, “It is true what they say, The grass is always greener, and we don’t know what we truly have, until it’s gone,

gone,

gone.”

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.