GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can a megadrive pad be used on a PC?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 17:52
"Was the man of marz"
Not as daft as it sounds as i've seen N64/PS2 converters so I was just wondering if anyone has ever made a megadrive pad- PC USB converter?

[S]It would really finish offthat retro feel[S]
Fri 02/09/05 at 22:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dunno
Mon 29/08/05 at 21:15
Regular
sorry i forgot, the amiga & megadrive used almost the same config but you will have to find where to wire the 'a' & 'c' & 'start' buttons inside the xbox pad, maybe i'm thinking now that this is more effort than its worth!
Mon 29/08/05 at 21:12
Regular
Found the info for the megadrive pad if you still want it, but it's a bit trickier than i remember it!

Goto XBOX-SCENE.com & click on 'tutorials' in the index bar at the top.
type 'AMIGA' in to the search field, there should be two tutorials listed. pick the top one & see if you could muster the skill to do the fine soldering required!
I'm sure you could wire the pad directly but that would be a bind!

What are you using to enable the xbox pad on your pc?

I'm using XBCD but it wont let me use the D-pad for megadrive emulation, only the analog, it makes double taps a right ballache!
Sat 16/07/05 at 10:59
"Was the man of marz"
JimTopBloke wrote:
> you can make it work alright! just takes a nifty bit of soldering, Im
> using my Xbox pad, cos im a cheapskate! xbox-scene.com has the info.
> if you can find it!

Couldn't find the info, but I also use my xbox pad on the PC. Makes games like F1 challenge with the 04pack a joy to play. The serial converters sound interesting, anyone know where I can get hold of one?
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:38
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
There were converters which allowed this a few years back - though they converted the Megadrive port to the old PC game port & not to USB - I wouldnt have thought there was much call for them anymore?
Mon 04/07/05 at 10:16
Regular
It's a mirror image - most probably so they could ft it in that corner better.

Oh, and I remember using my Mega-Drive pads on the Amiga - great stuff :D
Mon 04/07/05 at 10:03
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Marzman wrote:
> I found a place in america which does a USB converter but i'm not
> convinced, mainly because they are the only one doing it. Plus for
> $25 I might aswell carry on using my PC one.
>
> It's the sega genesis retro box
> [URL]http://www.sealiecomputing.com/retrozone/[/URL]

Umm... isnt the pad the wrong way round? The D-Pad is on the right and buttons on the left.
Mon 04/07/05 at 00:11
Regular
you can make it work alright! just takes a nifty bit of soldering, Im using my Xbox pad, cos im a cheapskate! xbox-scene.com has the info. if you can find it!
Wed 08/06/05 at 08:08
"Was the man of marz"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> I have one to use Cube pads via usb and my friend has a
> few different ones too.

I've seen xbox, PS/PS2, gamecube, N64 and I think Snes to usb. No mega drive though :(
Tue 07/06/05 at 19:24
Regular
"I'm Great."
Haven't seen one on my travels but I'd suggest a Smart Joy Box one of they do them. I have one to use Cube pads via usb and my friend has a few different ones too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.