GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"reformatting maxx pc"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 16:07
Regular
my brother wants me to reinstall xp home on his maxx pc is it just a case of inserting the windows cd that came with it.or is there something else i should know
Fri 10/06/05 at 20:09
Regular
"YTS Primate"
Ok. Go back and ask your brother for the driver disks as all are supplied. As I said he got a full copy of windows and all the driver disks, which will make it a lot easier for you.

Failing that, the motherboard should be an Intel Bayfield board.

Drivers downloadable from here.

[URL]http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=948&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Home+Edition&lang=eng&strOSs=45&submit=Go%21[/URL]

Get the INF drivers and install these first then the LAN drivers.

The graphics drivers you have (as you’ve replaced the card) or they can be found on the ATI or Nvidia site. The soundcard drivers are available on the SoundBlaster site.

The Modem and TV card (if fitted) can be a bit tricky but ask your brother for the disks first. If he still says he never got them post back and have a screwdriver ready.

If this computer is your only access to the Internet make sure you have all the right drivers saved to some media before you Format.

Hope this is of some help.
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:03
Regular
its pent 4 2.8ghz with a gig of ram its 1 year old.ive reformatted my dell before but just not a maxx pc.
Thu 09/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
"YTS Primate"
What cpu and memory does it have and how old is it?
Thu 09/06/05 at 19:35
Regular
motherboard driver? he did not get any other cd with drivers on apart from g/c and the windows cd
Wed 08/06/05 at 20:36
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
you can download the drivers off net if you need to. it may be in like 16 colour until you do that. i had that problem on a laptop, no driver, makes it look real real bad. also the sound went. how annoying. soon got fixed.
Wed 08/06/05 at 18:26
Regular
"YTS Primate"
Your PC will have come with a full copy of Windows and all the driver disks not a restore disk. Install Windows then the motherboard drivers. You will have disks to install all the other drivers. Instead of installing the driver for the graphics card you got with the PC use the one that came with the new graphics card.
Wed 08/06/05 at 11:04
Regular
are the graphic drivers on the cd too i think he only got the windows restore disk so i believe the graphic drivers will install when reinstalling windows.but he has got a new graphics card installed it wont install old graphic drivers will it.
Mon 06/06/05 at 20:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
no just insert the windows CD and then when you start up your computer, hold F1 or whatever it tells you to on the Boot screen for "Settings" and select "Boot from CD" and take it from there.
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:07
Regular
my brother wants me to reinstall xp home on his maxx pc is it just a case of inserting the windows cd that came with it.or is there something else i should know

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.