GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Believe it or not?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 21:06
Regular
I purchased the PS2 from Dixons and the person who supplied me with it he said there is a PS3.
From what i believe a computer which might be powerful then the Gamecube and Xbox, but dont hold your breath that is still to be confirmed , for all who knows that this machine might not be put in to action, all the people who own a PS2 just continue with the PS2 which is a great machine just when you hear about the PS3 just "believe it or not"
Thu 31/05/01 at 21:06
I purchased the PS2 from Dixons and the person who supplied me with it he said there is a PS3.
From what i believe a computer which might be powerful then the Gamecube and Xbox, but dont hold your breath that is still to be confirmed , for all who knows that this machine might not be put in to action, all the people who own a PS2 just continue with the PS2 which is a great machine just when you hear about the PS3 just "believe it or not"
Thu 31/05/01 at 22:01
Regular
The PS3 is not on the near horizon. It is more likely to arrive 2005 or later. Don`t worry.

Sony made a mistake by letting people know it may be in the pipeline (even though its a long pipe, and the PS3 is at the other end of it).
Thu 31/05/01 at 22:13
Regular
In fact PS3 is so far away that I wouldnt recommend anyone beliving its specs coz to me 75 million pps (which has been said to be how much it can handle) is dissapointing but i know that this will be improved.
Fri 01/06/01 at 11:17
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah,
as soon as PS3 is released people will be on about something better and more powerfull and when thats released they'll be something else down the line and it goes on.

the PS2 is amazing and i haven't seen or heard of anything now or coming that will top it.excluding sony's new one in about 2006.
Fri 01/06/01 at 12:00
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Dixons never cease to amaze me. I posted my horrors of collecting my launch PS2 from Dixons here last year. Daft staff and poor service describes them well.
Any questions I had regarding my PS2 and reserving my games were met by a look as though I had cr@pped on their desk.
I went in to ask what time they open on launch day, to be told they weren't selling the machine 'till a few days later (at the time, this news was more than distressing). Of course the staff were wrong.
Basically don't deal with Dixons, but use a dedicated computer store if poss.
Fri 01/06/01 at 12:03
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I reckon Dixons people could be confusing the soon to be released PS2 HD for the PS3.
Maybe?
Sat 02/06/01 at 13:02
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Ya know dizons....Not the best..Eveyone knows the ps3 will be coming though.
Sat 02/06/01 at 16:53
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Dixons is Bl*ody expensive!
I walked into the shop to see how much it cost for a steering wheel, it cost £50!! (the gamester wheel), so i walked down to EB and bought it for £40, and i got some clubcard points aswell!
Sat 02/06/01 at 17:02
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Eb is wicked. Internet ordering is quite cheap though. I ordered Gt3 for £34.99..what a bargain.
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:29
Regular
it wont be out until 2005 at least dixons are cr@p i like GAME shop and |Eb

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.