GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamepad for Half-life 2"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 09:57
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
I have a connecting lead so I can use my Xbox pad on the PC..I have installed the drivers and the pad is working..However I cant get it to work for Half-life 2..any ideas?

...and yes I do prefer to use a pad over a mouse and keyboard!
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Pretty sure I tried that..but i'll give it another go tonight!!
Thanks mate...watch this space!

(cause im sure you are dying to find out the result!!)
Mon 06/06/05 at 12:40
Regular
"Captain to you."
Under keyboard just click configure button and then press pad buttons for the ones you want to work.

Or i suggest you buy 'Joytech Neo-Play 24x USB Gamepad' from play for £8.99 which is a PC version of a Xbox controller.
Mon 06/06/05 at 12:32
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Yeah it let me look around..but none of the other buttons (fire etc) were working..and I couldn't find where you could re configure the pad!!
cheers anyway...Looks like I will just have to dust off my fingers!
Mon 06/06/05 at 12:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
I jst checked with my saturn pad plugged in through a convertor and it allows me to look around and do stuff, hard to control with just a d-pad and 8 buttons but it does work.

You have clicked the enable joystick/joypad button in the options didn't you?
Mon 06/06/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Fair enough..I hear what you are saying..but what I need to know is if it is actually possible, irrespective of how effective it is!
Mon 06/06/05 at 12:03
Regular
"Captain to you."
You won't be able to play it properly with a pad and i think it's impossible to complete the game with it, pads are too slow, not accurate enough and the game isn't like a console game where the enemies give you a bit of time to aim.
Mon 06/06/05 at 10:52
Regular
Why would you want to use a pad?

The mouse and keyboard is the best combination. For some it takes a while to get used to but once you've cracked it you'll realise how brilliant it is.
Mon 06/06/05 at 10:06
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
I was starting to get that impression..I just wanted to get some confirmation...
Its not like I cant use the keys..I just imported this adapter and wanted to use it!!
Starting to look like a waste of money though..Great game though!
Mon 06/06/05 at 10:03
Regular
You can't use a pad with HL2.

I think.
Mon 06/06/05 at 09:57
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
I have a connecting lead so I can use my Xbox pad on the PC..I have installed the drivers and the pad is working..However I cant get it to work for Half-life 2..any ideas?

...and yes I do prefer to use a pad over a mouse and keyboard!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.