GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gaming tv shows"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 17:04
Regular
Despite the growing popularity of games there is still a real lack of gaming tv shows, which is wierd considering how good games look nowadays. Back in 1992 there was gamesmaster and gamesworld (on sky)and both of these relied on mega drive and Nes game footage (which doenst really look too impressive to the untrained eye!)
nowadays even people who know nothing about games would be impressed by Luigi's mansion or MGS 2 but the only shows are on at about 3 or 4 am!!...back in my day we had real games shows with real presenters....well domonic diamond......cough......
Thu 31/05/01 at 17:04
Despite the growing popularity of games there is still a real lack of gaming tv shows, which is wierd considering how good games look nowadays. Back in 1992 there was gamesmaster and gamesworld (on sky)and both of these relied on mega drive and Nes game footage (which doenst really look too impressive to the untrained eye!)
nowadays even people who know nothing about games would be impressed by Luigi's mansion or MGS 2 but the only shows are on at about 3 or 4 am!!...back in my day we had real games shows with real presenters....well domonic diamond......cough......
Thu 31/05/01 at 21:05
Regular
lol Patrick Moore as the Gamesmaster!

According to the magazine with the same name....he died! And there was no successor!

However Patrick Moore is still alive!
Thu 31/05/01 at 21:10
there is game network on sky digital but that is all i italian mostly.
Thu 31/05/01 at 21:14
True, which is why they invented magazines. Sure you only get rolling footage of games if it is on the coverdisc but I find that a well written article with some good screenshots can be a very useful aid to selecting a game. Of course the best magazines are the non-biased ones that aren't made by the company who make the games/machines.

The other natural resource the gamer is expected to have access to is the Internet and it's a great place for reading about anything you want to.

I guess the problem is that people don't think we need TV programs about our games and the channels aren't willing to give up time for shows which wont pull audiences. Of course the thing is that most TV programs about games or which have sections about games are rubbish so they are probably right to limit them and we don't really need them anyway. Plus they tend to be cheesy (the "BITS" girls are nice though).
Thu 31/05/01 at 21:17
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
A games programme on tv.....long time since I have seen one of those probably the last one I saw was called Blam and it was on Sky one. This is unnaceptable as plenty of people do not have sky and can not watch it. MInd you the Gamers they had on it were pretty how shall I say it...unskilled.... There is this programme on the Sci fi channel again on Sky called CHEATS but to be honest I prefer to complete a Game honestly without cheating so this programme was totally pathetic to me.
Fri 01/06/01 at 11:33
there is that new 24 hour games channel on SKy (gamesnetwork) which is OK because they show alot of game footage, but is crap because its mostly spainish and italian

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.