GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How are Nintendo going to use the NET?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 16:28
Regular
Okay Nintendo great stuff at E3, I and I bet others really feel once again rewarded to have waited for Nintendo to enter the next generation and by the looks of it spoil us rotten!

However as Sega have shown in their dying moments the way forward in originality and gaming goodness is by bringing gamers together through the internet (A LA Phantasy Star Online). But I wonder if Nintendo feel this way, any how this is what I am hoping for the future cube of genius.

Although Rare have shown to me that the best way to play 1st person shooters is with four mates in the same room, it would be nice to have internet options in the next Perfect Dark. But what would really be great is if more than one player on each console can join a net battle! The thought of a mate and I double teaming together a internet arena and laughing whilst in the same room would be magical. Some of the Perfect Dark arenas are 'Perfect' (excuse the pun) for internet mayhem and this is surely the next step.

Although Phantasy Star Online's gameplay was I feel poor (not a real RPG or Platformer!!) the though of perhaps a Zelda or Jet Force Gemini on the net both for battles (sword fighting and Bomb throwing WOW!!!) co-operative gameplay would also of course be great, Nintendo have already perfected the game play now it just needs to take the brave step forward.

Pokemon, I do admit to hating now would certainly benefit from a internet society. Imagine training centres, trading, downloading and most of all fighting. The greatest idea would be a Phantasy Star online environment and just like the cartoon you and other wannabe Pokemon masters travel and gang up or collect Pokemon against other internet players. The cartoon world could come to life and Nintendo could control the Team Rocket characters which you constantly foil plus tournaments for both pro's and new comers to enter. That would be cool!

As F-Zero X has proved graphics are unimportant to smooth play and massive amount of competitors. The thought though of 30 internet opponents on an online random track generator would be magnificent. On the one player mode you could perhaps earn race titles which mean you can challenge certain teams of racers on the internet. Again team co-operation (on one console) as well as being able to design racing mobiles would be great! Perhaps Nintendo are planning this for the GameCube Mario Kart hence no sign yet and Rare are left to make the first racer (DK racing).

Seeing as how Rare have named the Star Fox game as 'Star Fox Adventures' (plural) an online assault on Andross (Star Wars Yavin battle style) would be fantasic with both attack formations held by different players (wingers etc) using the Star fox flting team and you could choose whether to be the frogs, foxes, Falcons, rabbits etc.

If anyone else has some Internet Nintendo Ideas I would like to hear them. But most of all I hope Nintendo are reading this!!
Sun 08/07/01 at 19:57
Which reminds me who would love an online MarioKart battlemode but in an Entire City...up to 100 players at once...cool :-)
Sun 08/07/01 at 19:56
Nintendo will be using the internet to the max, anyone who has visited their website will have seen that Nintendo had the Broadband and 56K modem add on for the GameCube designed ages ago.

This should mean that quite a few of the games in the pipeline will take advantage of these add ons. I think that Kameo: Elements of Power will definately have an online gamemode, and other big titles like PhantasyStarOnline should also make use of this....aswell as any new Pokemon Game (It will happen).
Sun 08/07/01 at 19:29
I read something strange in Stuff magazine. They said Phantasy star online won't have online capabilities.
Sun 08/07/01 at 19:15
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Id love to see the PD sequal on-line but think the on-line split screen would suck, I also hope that nhl blitz is online 4 people to one cube would work great on that, having a dreamcast I to know the joy on-line gaming can bring and hope nintendo dont stiff us europiens with a crappy 33 kbs modem
Sun 08/07/01 at 13:50
Juz said:
"Although Rare have shown to me that the best way to play 1st person shooters is with four mates in the same room, it would be nice to have internet options in the next Perfect Dark. But what would really be great is if more than one player on each console can join a net battle!"

I totally agree, but broadband would be a must for a game like Perfect Dark if more than one person wanted to play over the same net connection. And it may be a while before everyone in the UK has broadband (especially where I live).
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:54
I don't think broardband will be used by the majority of people for a few years.
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:47
The GC is definetely hotting up......
Sun 24/06/01 at 17:51
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
But they did create a lot of anticipation for Spaceworld. And the media DID vote them the winner of E3!!
Tue 19/06/01 at 21:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
u know, Ninty's E3 really did fail to impress... from what I've heard they all did actually!

Ninty had the absense on Zelda AND Mario from the show. So their biggest hope was Metroid... which showed lots of frame rate glitches (It's not being made by ninty any more!). Luigi's mansion too failed to impress. All the game seeemed to involve was using the C analogue stick to move luigi, and using the main analogue to aim a hoover at ghosts... surely a kiddy game!

Sonic
Tue 19/06/01 at 21:00
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
It may be possible, but probably not planned, that the Phantasy Star technology could be used for Pokemon or Zelda GC. What do you think of that???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.