GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iTunes 4.6"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 14:56
Regular
"NULL"
I need a copy of the iTunes 4.6 installer. Does anyone have a copy of it or know where I can download it?
Mon 06/06/05 at 15:36
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Marzman wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> I do use it for playing songs instead of WMP, but mainly due to not
> liking either WMP or WinAmp. As Nim said, it's also good for sharing
> your music across a LAN with no hassles.
>
> Tried real player? I use real one V2 and have only had a bit of
> trouble playing back video. Good & free!

Refuse to use RP due to it's knack of letting in adware/spyware.

As for video, never had an issue, QT or WMP do a nice job, otherwise I just stream it to my KiSS DVD player (over wifi) attached to the TV in the livingroom.:) Witha couple of codecs, WMP handles RP/RM too as well as DivX.

TBH, the only site I've ever had issues with is anything under the BBC, as they seem to have a facination with using RP only media.

Always found it funny how people always mention that iTunes doesn't handle video. Why would it? It's designed for music and nothing else.

It preference at the end of the day. I've always used iTunes, no real reason, just feels nicer and more logical in use (plus owning 2 iPods probably swings that too!;))
Mon 06/06/05 at 15:23
"Was the man of marz"
Tyla wrote:
> I do use it for playing songs instead of WMP, but mainly due to not
> liking either WMP or WinAmp. As Nim said, it's also good for sharing
> your music across a LAN with no hassles.

Tried real player? I use real one V2 and have only had a bit of trouble playing back video. Good & free!
Mon 06/06/05 at 15:18
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nimco wrote:
> I don't buy or play songs with it, I just simply use it to let other
> people on my Uni LAN listen to my music...

I do use it for playing songs instead of WMP, but mainly due to not liking either WMP or WinAmp. As Nim said, it's also good for sharing your music across a LAN with no hassles.

Mines set up so that with the aid of one of these [URL]http://www.apple.com/uk/airportexpress/[/URL] I can access any song from either my desktop library or the wifes laptop library and play it direct through my stereo from any point in the house/garden.

Would like to see WMP/WinAmp pull that off!;)
Mon 06/06/05 at 15:09
Regular
"NULL"
I don't buy or play songs with it, I just simply use it to let other people on my Uni LAN listen to my music...
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:17
"Was the man of marz"
iTunes sucks. The files are full of limits. I don't see the appeal unless the ipod is only compatible with them?
Sat 04/06/05 at 11:21
Regular
"NULL"
I basically need a version of iTunes that allows more than 5 people to connect in the course of a day (preferably the version that allows more than 5 at once as well).

And the updating thing isn't automatic, it prompts you first.
Sat 04/06/05 at 01:39
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Coin wrote:
> 4.7 any good?

4.7 has a security vunerablility in it which they had to patch with 4.8
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
4.7 any good?
Fri 03/06/05 at 18:59
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Damarus wrote:
> I think he wants 4.6 and not 4.8 although I could be wrong.

No real point as iTunes will auto update and from what I've seen, it's only available direct from Apple, unless you can find a torrent of an older version?
Fri 03/06/05 at 15:10
Regular
I think he wants 4.6 and not 4.8 although I could be wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.