GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix : reloaded game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 14:53
Regular
I have this really nasty feeling that this game is going to be really rubbish, i hate to say it because i am the biggest fan of the film ever. Its been confirmed that it will be an Rpg , but i think it will be a naff game with loads of cut scenes recreating the film. I think this game would be better if it was like those dancing/rythem games or like the spray painting sections on jet set radio. The game could be like the QTE sections on Shenmue i think that it would be the best way to control fight sequences.
Thu 31/05/01 at 14:53
I have this really nasty feeling that this game is going to be really rubbish, i hate to say it because i am the biggest fan of the film ever. Its been confirmed that it will be an Rpg , but i think it will be a naff game with loads of cut scenes recreating the film. I think this game would be better if it was like those dancing/rythem games or like the spray painting sections on jet set radio. The game could be like the QTE sections on Shenmue i think that it would be the best way to control fight sequences.
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:08
"High polygon count"
It's likely to be poor unless you get the X-box version, because microsoft have paid Interplay to cripple the versions on other platforms.
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:42
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
I believe if you want to get the best game out of the Matrix liscence Rare should be paid to make a Matrix game. It would be superior to any other versions, but this is obviously not going to happen.
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> It's likely to be poor unless you get the X-box version, because
> microsoft have paid Interplay to cripple the versions on other
> platforms.

But like Murphys... Your not Bitter?

:)
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:58
"High polygon count"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> But like Murphys... Your not Bitter?

Nope. MS aren't worth getting bitter over, but I do find it annoying. Here's something I posted in the PS2 forum on this very subject:

"Mind you, to me it shows that Microsoft are more than a little concerned that their machine won't do as well as they expect.

It implies that they're not confident that the X-Box game will out-shine rival platforms based purely on the capabilities of their console, and so they must pay to have the opposition versions deliberately weakened before release.

It's kind of like Lennox Lewis paying someone to break Mike Tyson's hand a week before a world title fight, because he doesn't feel he can win if all things are equal..."
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:20
if it was anything other than a rpg it would end up like tommorow never dies, a grotty mix of sevaral genres.
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:21
Do you really think that the real actors will do the voices if they wont even do the voices for the Animé film that might be made.
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:22
go hack some computers boris!! Hi i am T_W, welcome!
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:25
Regular
"You've upset me"
Time_Warp wrote:
> go hack some computers boris!! Hi i am T_W, welcome!

He may be BS!

Lets prod him
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:37
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
It most likely will. People spend all their money trying to get a films rights then get a lower budget or a short amount of time to make it in so they rush it and ruin what had potential to be a great game.

If it doesn't include a decent version of bullet time where you can dodge bullets there is no point in making it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.