GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you format a computer..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/06/05 at 20:23
...without the disk.

It's not that important, I can just go look for it, but I was just wondering if it's possible?
Fri 03/06/05 at 02:41
Right, formatted.

Thanks
Thu 02/06/05 at 22:12
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Boot the computer with the CD in the drive. If your BIOS is set to try and boot from the CD drive first, the OS installer will get loaded which should give you the option to format and reinstall. If your BIOS is not set to try and boot from the CD drive first you will need to delve into your BIOS options - press DEL/F1/whatever button it says to press on the boot screen, and look for some options that let you set the boot order (i.e. what disks/drives it tries to boot from and in what order).
Thu 02/06/05 at 21:15
Bah, I'll go look for it later.

How do you do it with the disk?
Thu 02/06/05 at 21:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Formatting a disk can be done from within Windows, do you mean format and reinstall your Operating System? To do that you will need your Operating System install disk, yes.
Thu 02/06/05 at 20:23
...without the disk.

It's not that important, I can just go look for it, but I was just wondering if it's possible?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.