GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS 2 GAMES"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/07/00 at 15:33
Regular
Here are some games that will coming to PS2 in the not to distant future.
DREAMLAND CHRONICLES
"FREEDOM RIDGE"
MYTHOS GAMES
I've been keeping an eye on this game for a couple of months now and boy!am I looking forward to playing this one.Apparently there's been a big budget alocated for the production of this game,so will it be anygood?Well from what I've seen,heard and read it has all the hallmarks of being an epic,but as you and I both know only time will tell and not how much cash has been pumped into a project.
In the game you'll be up against an alien race called the "Saurans"who are technologically advanced vicious and agile carnivores.Yes what you'll be dealing with are very smart lizards who have managed to hoard us humans into small isolated settlements for them to do with us as they please.Often the Sauran warriors will raid these settlements for sport or to take slaves for work on their construction projects.You'll be fighting for the "TERRAN LIBERATION ARMY"and it will be you're mission to form a fighting force capable of destroying the Sauran in a visciuos struggle for human freedom.You'll be in control of what happens in the game in two ways 1- On the strategy and planning side where you have to monouvere you're troops and learn from captured alien technoligy.2-With that done you'll then have to take them into combat and command them on the battle field what you do in either of these scenarios will effect the other in some way be it good or bad.
The enviroments within the game will be incredibly interactive with buildings and vehicles being destructable in a realistic fashion,if it's gotta blow let it blow properly eh!!This is what I've been waiting for a game where you hit somthing and it disintergrates into ball of fire and isn't still standing after you've just worked a thousand exorsets into it.This to me sounds like a game worth it's salt,and will be on my short list for sure!ARTY.
Sun 23/07/00 at 22:08
UNREAL TOURNAMENT.
EPIC MEGA GAMES.
Anybody out there fancy a game with fifty levels,big arenas narrow tunnels spliced with Quake like action then topped of with a huge arsenal of weapons includeing sniper rifles,rocket launchers and chainsaws?I know I do and thats exactly what you'll be getting when you and you're money are parted in exchange for this first person shoot em up when it gets realeased in November.If you like first person action you'll love Unreal Tournament,even if it is a PC port hopfully it won't be rushed onto the PS2 and will therfore feature some levels specifically enhanced for it,and what is reputed to be one of the best multiplayers ever!!!!Not long to wait now!!!!!ARTY
Sat 22/07/00 at 16:38
THE GETAWAY
This is probably my most anticipated game for the PS2 and according to many will be the most "visually stunning game" of the first years releases.The game will play out along the lines of Driver mixed with GTA,so what you can expect is brilliant gameplay where you'll have to do alot of law breaking to move on in the game.
The getaway will be set in an amazing 70 square miles of photo realistic London where you have to rescue you're kidnapped son from an unscrupulous gangland boss,who's obviously going to try and stop you anyway he can,and what with being up against the local plod aswell this looks like being the burn out of the year.A classic game in the making,in one of the most classic of genres with it's shops and streets being digitally photographed and pasted onto 3D backgrounds,you'll have a living breathing city to terrorise in you're motor or you can disembark and give em some stick on foot before stealing a faster set of wheels,absolute vehicular mayhem to watch out for.ARTY
Sun 16/07/00 at 10:40
ONIMUSHA (DEVIL WARRIOR)
CAPCOM
Onimusha an RE type game which is set in ancient civil war torn Japan,being of the survival horror genre there will be plenty of blood and gore for you to wollow in "Excellent" I say,and better still it's actually developed by Capcom the masters of this much loved genre.First of though I'd like to get the one downer out of the way,which is the fact that it was developed for the PSX originally,so you won't be getting any great advances in gameplay but you will be treated to brilliant PS2 visuals.That aside I've read alot of great reports on this game and as soon as I can I'll be adding this one to my collection.
Basically it's set in medievel times so expect lots of close quarter combat and sneaking around to be done,though there will be a chance to cast spells and the likes on you're enemy.As for the plot,well not much is known at the moment.All I know is you'll find yourself on kidnap and rescue missions having to infiltrate castles filled with booby traps,armed only with hand weapons."sounds good to me".ARTY
Sat 15/07/00 at 16:05
MORE REVIEWS LATER SO WATCH THIS SPACE.
Sat 15/07/00 at 15:33
Here are some games that will coming to PS2 in the not to distant future.
DREAMLAND CHRONICLES
"FREEDOM RIDGE"
MYTHOS GAMES
I've been keeping an eye on this game for a couple of months now and boy!am I looking forward to playing this one.Apparently there's been a big budget alocated for the production of this game,so will it be anygood?Well from what I've seen,heard and read it has all the hallmarks of being an epic,but as you and I both know only time will tell and not how much cash has been pumped into a project.
In the game you'll be up against an alien race called the "Saurans"who are technologically advanced vicious and agile carnivores.Yes what you'll be dealing with are very smart lizards who have managed to hoard us humans into small isolated settlements for them to do with us as they please.Often the Sauran warriors will raid these settlements for sport or to take slaves for work on their construction projects.You'll be fighting for the "TERRAN LIBERATION ARMY"and it will be you're mission to form a fighting force capable of destroying the Sauran in a visciuos struggle for human freedom.You'll be in control of what happens in the game in two ways 1- On the strategy and planning side where you have to monouvere you're troops and learn from captured alien technoligy.2-With that done you'll then have to take them into combat and command them on the battle field what you do in either of these scenarios will effect the other in some way be it good or bad.
The enviroments within the game will be incredibly interactive with buildings and vehicles being destructable in a realistic fashion,if it's gotta blow let it blow properly eh!!This is what I've been waiting for a game where you hit somthing and it disintergrates into ball of fire and isn't still standing after you've just worked a thousand exorsets into it.This to me sounds like a game worth it's salt,and will be on my short list for sure!ARTY.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.