GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Isn't the NME rubbish?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/06/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I made the mistake of buying it for my train ride today as I had already read my paper.

£1.90??
Couldn't be bothered changing my mind so paid it.

I used to get it a few years back when it was still paper and bigger (not that long ago, about 2000). I'm sure it sucked then too but now it is just one of those celebrity mags with guitars.

Oasis were very funny though to be honest.
They should move into comedy.
Fri 03/06/05 at 14:34
Regular
Q is aimed at 40 year old men.
Fri 03/06/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Q > MOJO > NME
Fri 03/06/05 at 13:14
Regular
"Excellent"
No it isnt the NME is a great magazine and it has introduced me to a whole number of new bands and older bands that i have never heard of
Fri 03/06/05 at 12:14
Regular
Yeah, that interview he did with the Faithless guy where he was asking him how his secret rave that was advertised for 3 weeks and sponsored by Orange went, and then told the guy he'd rather have Abba Gold than a Faithless Greatest Hits album lol.
Fri 03/06/05 at 12:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
SHEEPY wrote:
> The best thing is some bloke whose name is in yellow/black and he
> interviews people over the phone. Also, the comments on the letters
> page were quite funny.

Best part in the whole magazine. Some mornings I'm tempted to spend £1.90 just to read that.

Then I just usually nick someone else's for a bit.
Fri 03/06/05 at 10:31
Regular
I don't see what's that bad about it, they do a lot of coverage on Interpol, there was a small piece on Jeff Buckley a few weeks ago, and it's good for news, it's just that the journalists who write it are all just arrogant losers.
Fri 03/06/05 at 10:27
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Hedfix wrote:
> When they interviewed The Prodigy I bought it.
>
> Soon after The Prodigy sucked.
>
> Coincidence? I think not.

:O

The Prodigy still amazing after 13 years.
Thu 02/06/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Selected"
...which is aimed at finger painters.
Thu 02/06/05 at 21:01
Regular
I read NME just to see pictures and read interviews and check out what albums are coming out but I even find that their reviews sections misses a lot of stuff, I've bought three albums this year that were released this year and none of them got reviewed.
I'm always tempted to buy a different magazine but they all seem aimed at adults besides NME.
Thu 02/06/05 at 18:08
Regular
"Selected"
Hedfix wrote:
> They're the ones likely to promote Moloko. :(

I find them to be pretty unbiased

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.