GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"giga-byte 6600gt question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 23:18
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I have a Giga-Byte 6600GT (GV-NX66T128VP) with the V-Tuner2 software and was wondering about the core clock frequency. When V-Tuner is open it says the core is 300MHz, and when I see specs for this card from sites the number seems to be doubled. Sorry if this is a nooby question but is 300Mhz normal for this card? And should I double this number in my head to get the true core clock frequency for some reason? I know the memory clock is doubled to get the true number.

One last thing. When I select the 'Smart Tune Mode' in V-Tuner the core clock automatically goes from 300MHz to 500MHz. Should I leave it like this?

The problem with the Giga-Byte manual (and my Asus mobo manual come to think of it), is it doesn't say much about the software. No detailed help files. Just 2-4 sentences per feature telling me nothing about what it does.
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:45
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Ok, I've found out the answer. The card does have a 500Mhz core, it's just that when I check it I'm at my desktop (in 2D obviously), and the core is reported to my 'checker' as 300Mhz. In 3D games it auto adjusts to 500Mhz, and in 2D games (or desktop) it decreases to 300Mhz.

In V-Tuner2 the option of "Smart Tune Mode" means you can look at the 3D core, and when it's unselected you're looking at the 2D core. Get it? I've now uninstalled V-Tuner2 as it's not really needed for my happily stock card.
Wed 01/06/05 at 23:28
Regular
"bot"
oh right. Good show!
Wed 01/06/05 at 23:27
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Memorandum! wrote:
> what happened to your 9800 pro?!?

lol Mem0r. I gave up, got a refund, and built my very first computer instead. It worked first time, too.
Wed 01/06/05 at 23:26
Regular
"bot"
what happened to your 9800 pro?!?
Wed 01/06/05 at 23:18
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I have a Giga-Byte 6600GT (GV-NX66T128VP) with the V-Tuner2 software and was wondering about the core clock frequency. When V-Tuner is open it says the core is 300MHz, and when I see specs for this card from sites the number seems to be doubled. Sorry if this is a nooby question but is 300Mhz normal for this card? And should I double this number in my head to get the true core clock frequency for some reason? I know the memory clock is doubled to get the true number.

One last thing. When I select the 'Smart Tune Mode' in V-Tuner the core clock automatically goes from 300MHz to 500MHz. Should I leave it like this?

The problem with the Giga-Byte manual (and my Asus mobo manual come to think of it), is it doesn't say much about the software. No detailed help files. Just 2-4 sentences per feature telling me nothing about what it does.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.