GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC16: smv goes out for dinner"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 22:07
Regular
"0228"
That's meant to be SSC26, not SSC16.

A new month had begun and Summer was well on its way, not that you could possibly tell from the dreary weather outside, rain quickly but quietly coming down on the windows of offices and the sky a grey blanket, threatening to rip open at any moment.

Stance enjoyed his work at the SR towers. It made him feel powerful. He would regularly enjoy the rush that he received from banning members of the chat forum that he had control over and he was also the chief judge of the sites popular competition, game-a-day. Not only did he enjoy the power of his job but he also enjoyed his office space. It was not particularly big but that was how he liked it, it was cosy. He had a nice computer to use and a printer all of his own next to it. Not only that but he had a window positioned right next to him which he would open, hiding the fact that he smelt.

On this particular day though he could not do so. The rain was lashing down and he didn’t want to ruin the nice blue tie that his mother bought him for his birthday, especially considering he had a date that evening. Stance had been excited about the date throughout the day, he had tried to update the GAD list but the anticipation had harmed his judgement meaning that he accidentally gave Slice the win for the 15th May instead of the fantastic JFH.

This misjudgement had caused Stance to gain a bit of stick from a certain member of the forum over which he presided including hurtful poems and edited pictures. He put on a face, pretended he wasn’t bothered, but deep down he was. Stance’s co-worker, Kilgore Trout, could see his pain. He didn’t mention anything, he didn’t know how to, but he worried for his friend.

Stance left work at around 6:30, the rain still hammering down to Earth. He pulled his coat over his tie in a vain attempt to keep it dry. He arrived back home with his hair soaked and water dripping off it onto his face as the cold wind swept by. He carefully got undressed, making sure not to crease his clothes, and stepped into the shower. For a night like this he was determined not to smell.

He put on his neatly folded clothes back on and got out a jacket from his wardrobe. He put it on, looked gloomily at his reflection in the cracked mirror on the back of his door, and then made his way out of his house. He slowly walked to the quaint Italian restaurant just 5 minutes down the road, his head slumped down and his hands in his pockets.

He walked in, scanned the room and then raised a smile as he spotted his date for the evening. He sat down next to her and they greeted each other with a small kiss on the cheek. “How was work today?” she asked. Stance looked up trying to hide the painful memories of the day. “It was fine mother, absolutely fine.”
Sat 11/06/05 at 10:00
Regular
"not dead"
That made me chuckle, it's the twist at the end that makes the piece though.
Fri 10/06/05 at 21:00
"period drama"
Heh - at last, the truth comes out.
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:49
Regular
"0228"
Thanks bob, much appreciated.
Fri 03/06/05 at 03:19
Regular
"Catch it!"
That was very good I liked it very good ending.
Thu 02/06/05 at 23:48
Regular
"0228"
Grrr, I was convinced I'd win by insulting the judge. Don't go spoiling it with your reverse psychology malarky.
Thu 02/06/05 at 23:43
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Let me take this opportunity to say that Stance is the greatest human being to have ever walked on Planet Earth.

Oh, and the story - it was good, but it won't win game-a-day, because now I will (see above).
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:44
Regular
"0228"
Praise indeed my friends. I thank you.
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:41
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I love it.
Thu 02/06/05 at 12:24
Regular
The twist was nice.
Thu 02/06/05 at 11:16
Regular
"0228"
smv wrote:
> just like my real life.

I know. I can sense thses things in people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.