GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing help please..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:35
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I bought Animal crossing yesterday, and I got as far as finishing all of the jobs that Tom Nook wanted me to do, but then I couldn't do anything else, because Tom kept going on about some raffle thing that he wouldn't let me play. I tried again yesterday evening but it was halloween and everyone kept trick or treating and changing all the stuff in my inventory, and I tried this morning before work but everyone was asleep and everthing shut.

What am I supposed to do next?
Mon 01/11/04 at 16:20
Regular
Step 1: Sell AC

Step 2: Buy Pikmin 2
Mon 01/11/04 at 15:27
Regular
Yup, I got bored before I had the chance to do the raffle.

Hell I got bored before I got to see the singing dog for a second time. I never even saw any of the festivals or anything, I totally lost intrest and couldn't even be assed to time travel.
Mon 01/11/04 at 13:44
Regular
You were sort of unlucky to start on the last day of the month because that's when the raffle is on.

Today, the shop will be back to normal, and you can buy things and each thing you buy gets you a raffle ticket.
5 tickets gives you a got in the raffle at the end of the month.

But you might be bored of the game by then.
Unless you go easy and stick to 20 minutes a day or so. ;-)
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:43
Regular
It's a good game if you play only 20 minutes at a time. You certainly can't sit at it for too long as it will get boring fast.

It's a pretty sweet game around Xmas me thinks.
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:13
Regular
Is his shop empty, bar a raffle table in the middle? If so, it's just temporary.

As for selling things, I made a start by picking up fruit and shells and by doing tasks for the neighbours. Eventually you'll be able to buy a shovel, road and net, for digging, fishing and catching insects.

Sometimes you'll uncover fossils. Send them off to get evaluated, but DO NOT give them to the museum until later on in the game. Sell them to Tom to make some extra money instead.

Have you got two memory cards? Make another village on the 2nd card - fruit from a foreign village is worth more to your own Tom Nook.

Google for a tips guide. there's loads of definitive guides all over the net, telling you how to make the most money and even how to acquire the 'Golden tools'. There's also secrets like ghost-hunting, Totakeke(?) the guitar-playing Dog's appearance and more.

It doesn't get boring straight away, but there's only so much you can do before you start noticing the monotony.
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:08
Regular
Heh

Ya need to dig for fossils and go fishing, then donate what you get to the museum.

I think that Nook gimp goes away for the first few days when you first move in, the shop'll be back soon and then there's more stuff to do.
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You're not supposed to do anything. Theyre are no set objectives,
> you're just supposed to live and help out your neighbours and crap
> like that.
>
> Go fishing...go tree chopping..ummmmm go talk to some people

Seriously, I can't do anything? Aren't I supposed to get money to pay of my house, I can't seem to find any way of getting money. People in the town tell me to sell stuff to tom, but he is either not open, or is going on about some raffle thing. The townspeople keep telling me they don't have any jobs for me, and I don't have a fishing rod, or an um.. axe?

having no set objectives is okay, but I can't seem to do anything.

:(

game sucks
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:02
Regular
This is where it gets boring.
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:00
Regular
You're not supposed to do anything. Theyre are no set objectives, you're just supposed to live and help out your neighbours and crap like that.

Go fishing...go tree chopping..ummmmm go talk to some people
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:35
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I bought Animal crossing yesterday, and I got as far as finishing all of the jobs that Tom Nook wanted me to do, but then I couldn't do anything else, because Tom kept going on about some raffle thing that he wouldn't let me play. I tried again yesterday evening but it was halloween and everyone kept trick or treating and changing all the stuff in my inventory, and I tried this morning before work but everyone was asleep and everthing shut.

What am I supposed to do next?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.