GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Famitsu review Halo 2....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:03
Regular
It seems even the Japs have found time to leave their girlfriend simulators alone for a few minutes to take in the wonder that is Halo 2...

Taken from IGN.com

"Halo 2 is seeing a near simultaneous release worldwide -- a big improvement from the original where gamers in Japan were forced to wait over half a year for the greatness of Bungie's landmark first person shooter. A Japanese release means Japanese reviews, and today we spotted the first one on the pages of Famitsu Xbox, Japan's largest (and only) Xbox exclusive magazine.

In an issue that included reviews for two Japanese titles, Dead or Alive Ultimate (10, 9, 9, 8) and Fatal Frame 2 (8, 7, 8, 9), Halo 2 was given the most favorable rating of the month with a 10, 9, 9 and 9.
The magazine's editor-in-chief scored the game a ten and had this to say: "The battles are totally intense. It's been a while since I've forgotten about sleep and food to this extent while playing a game." We'll skip the bit about the campaign mode in order continue the trend of avoiding spoilers, but the review finishes off with "Xbox users who play this will be truly happy. Seriously."

And those punks who gave the game a 9? Well, they didn't really have anything bad to say about the title, although some admitted to not being big on first person shooters. One reviewer, admitting his distaste for the genre added, "A game that's well put together is of course fun," and "This is too fun!".

As posted in this public service announcement from earlier in the week, IGN's Halo 2 review will go live at noon PST on November 7. Turn back then to see the opinion of IGNXbox's editor in chief, Douglass Cool Perry."
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:03
Regular
It seems even the Japs have found time to leave their girlfriend simulators alone for a few minutes to take in the wonder that is Halo 2...

Taken from IGN.com

"Halo 2 is seeing a near simultaneous release worldwide -- a big improvement from the original where gamers in Japan were forced to wait over half a year for the greatness of Bungie's landmark first person shooter. A Japanese release means Japanese reviews, and today we spotted the first one on the pages of Famitsu Xbox, Japan's largest (and only) Xbox exclusive magazine.

In an issue that included reviews for two Japanese titles, Dead or Alive Ultimate (10, 9, 9, 8) and Fatal Frame 2 (8, 7, 8, 9), Halo 2 was given the most favorable rating of the month with a 10, 9, 9 and 9.
The magazine's editor-in-chief scored the game a ten and had this to say: "The battles are totally intense. It's been a while since I've forgotten about sleep and food to this extent while playing a game." We'll skip the bit about the campaign mode in order continue the trend of avoiding spoilers, but the review finishes off with "Xbox users who play this will be truly happy. Seriously."

And those punks who gave the game a 9? Well, they didn't really have anything bad to say about the title, although some admitted to not being big on first person shooters. One reviewer, admitting his distaste for the genre added, "A game that's well put together is of course fun," and "This is too fun!".

As posted in this public service announcement from earlier in the week, IGN's Halo 2 review will go live at noon PST on November 7. Turn back then to see the opinion of IGNXbox's editor in chief, Douglass Cool Perry."
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I heard they changed the MasterChief for a schoolgirl, and the main weapon is a small cat with a lightning strike for a tail. You can see her knickers.
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Hi, this is Douglas C. Perry; editor and chief of IGN sux-co*ks and my reviews are fricking hilarious, I look like a Geek who was rim-jawed by the fat girl at school and my genital warts are now the talk of the family, please sit back while I slap my retarded jaw into place and enjoy my cum dribbling video review of my most masturbated game of the year. Please ignore my stutter as my parents kept hitting me in the face as a child and nothing can be done, that is of course until Halo 2."
Mon 01/11/04 at 14:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
monkey_man wrote:
> I heard they changed the MasterChief for a schoolgirl, and the main
> weapon is a small cat with a lightning strike for a tail. You can
> see her knickers.

A cat? More like a mouse, but anyway, 37/40 nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.