GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Live 8"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/05/05 at 20:55
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I can't see this mentioned anywhere yet...

[URL]http://efestivals.co.uk/news/050531d.shtml[/URL]

Sounds interesting and a great idea. Let's hope they get the reaction and result they're looking for and we can finally call off the pointless debt.

This is the UK lineup:

Annie Lennox
Bob Geldof
Coldplay
Dido
Elton John
Joss Stone
Keane
Madonna
Mariah Carey
Muse
Paul McCartney
R.E.M.
Razorlight
Robbie Williams
Scissor Sisters
Snoop Dogg
Stereophonics
Sting
The Cure
The Killers
U2
Velvet Revolver

There are some excellent artists in there (yes, there's some rubbish too), should be a great day. I'm going to have to try and get some tickets.
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:31
Regular
There's supposed to be one in Murrayfield on June 6, but with less music and more speeches.
But then again, it'd be worth it, seeing as REM, Oasis, U2, Eric Clapton, Travis, Paul McCartney, Robbie Williams and Franz Ferdinand are rumoured to be attending.

But they're rumours though, and rumours are gay.
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Excellent"
Spice Girls are supposed to be reuniting

OH GOD NO
Wed 01/06/05 at 22:34
"slightlyshortertagl"
lcarus wrote:
> No doubt Niddle will win a pair of tickets and
> sell 'em on eBay.

I have a heart. Hence no re-selling of Live8 tickets (if i get any), and/or Livestrong/Breast cancer wristbands.

Nice to know I'm at the forefront of your thinking.
Wed 01/06/05 at 16:43
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> Razorlight are going to be great there and the cure are great.

Out of the lineup you pick Razorlight to be one of the best bands performing? I see why you get your reputation as a fool...you fool.
Wed 01/06/05 at 12:25
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
If I see anyone selling them on e-bay I will be going on a rampage.
Wed 01/06/05 at 12:04
Some excellent comments made on the BBC site concerning Live 8.. uh, anyway... Muse. Yay. No doubt Niddle will win a pair of tickets and sell 'em on eBay.

As for G8 and cancelling poverty... ain't gonna happen, unless the Green party rules all governments. There's a reason why the likes of Bono and Geldof shake hands with the world political leaders every year.

It's because they're diverting attention away from the real problem concerning 3rd world debts i.e. the fact that any donations from a mass appeal will instantly be nullified by the interest paid on debts for a single year. Money that goes right back to the richest Governments of the world. Wouldn't have it any other way though.
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:50
Regular
There's no way you know if they actually donate to charities though, it's not as if everyone wants it to be known, so theres no reason to put them down.

This concert's not to get us to stop poverty, it's to get teh G8 to cancel third world debt, basically. Something they've said they're going to do for years.

I want a ticket, but I hate lotteries.
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:42
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Blank wrote:
> Nothing, that's why tickets are free.

If they all emptied their bank accounts and sold their assets, how much would that figure be? I just wonder that's all.

There's something that winds me up when multi-millionaire "rock stars" try to tell me that I should care about poverty.
Wed 01/06/05 at 02:07
Regular
"Catch it!"
Razorlight are going to be great there and the cure are great.
Wed 01/06/05 at 02:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Nothing, that's why tickets are free.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.