GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X&Y"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/05/05 at 13:54
Regular
"lets go back"
I'm half way through my first listen, and so far I dont really like it. Its as thought Coldplay have become even more bland than they were, if thats possible. So far nothing has stuck out at all. I just hope the second half has some better tracks.
Fri 03/06/05 at 02:13
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
What an album. I've had both the previous Coldplay mainstream albums, and they haven't lost their touch.

People knock them for making music that 'makes me want to kill myself'. If that's your view, then go and buy Snoop Dogggg or something more lively.

First off, there isn't a bad track here. As I said, if you don't like Coldplay's style, then i'm not interested in your 'they all sound the same and miserable and I still won't like them even after I go through puberty' arguments.

The effects-heavy Square One kicks things off in true Coldplay style. There's a techno-y feel to the drum beat and the bass-line is quite solid. There's also a touch of electronica, and Chris' definitely singing with a handful of reverb.

What If carries on and the song is signature Coldplay. Very reminiscent of 'Everything's Not Lost' interms of pace and order, its quite a chilled track. Nothing out of the blue in terms of sound... but a nice song.

White Shadows is a very pacy track. It's quite loud, with a nice organ backing. Not one of my favourites... but as you'll hear when you listen to the album, that doesn't means it's a bad song by any means what-so-ever. More upbeat that anything on Parachutes, or Rush Of Blood.. from what I remember.

Fix You is an amazing track. Full of passion and a bunch of great chord sequence it, along with Swallowed In The Sea are the two power ballad-types. Beautiful song.. definitely on par with Yellow in terms of 'upliftingness'. Ironic, considering the lyrics.

Swallowed In The Sea seems to be a nod in the direction of the old Irish/Celtic sea songs. Very much Celtic in terms of sound and progression, it's quite a positive sounding song. The nice tempo and lovely chord selection really bring out the power in the song. I could go on forever, but it'd be easier if you listen to the rest of it.

If you like Coldplay, you'll love the new album. It's a very hard thing to say, this.. but I genuiniely don't think there's a bad song in this lot. Sure I have my favourites, as will you; but in terms of quality, they're all very close.

If you don't like Coldplay, this might not be the album to change your mind. Their Indie style is ever present and they've not strayed very far from the genre at all. Bits are rocky, but then they were in parts of Parachutes and Rush of Blood. In short it's more of the same brilliance that's made them so popular to date. New songs, same style.

Highly Recommended for People Who Aren't Chavs.
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Excellent"
I have pre-ordered this because i have got Coldplays other two albums and think Speed Of Sound is amazing and Coldplay are amazing full stop and as in my way here is one right here>.
Tue 31/05/05 at 23:02
Regular
"cachoo"
Ooh, Twisted Logic is good :)
Tue 31/05/05 at 20:51
Regular
"lets go back"
It'll probably grow on me over time. Its just going on first impressions its not as good as the other two.
Tue 31/05/05 at 20:45
Regular
"cachoo"
X&Y [the song] is quite nice. :)
I'm gonna buy it no matter how poop it is, really. It's gotta complete the collection!
Tue 31/05/05 at 20:20
Regular
"lets go back"
Speed of sound was probably the best. The rest was pretty dull. And no its not out for about a week or so, whoever asked.
Tue 31/05/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
Rofl, get a refund? o.O
Tue 31/05/05 at 19:48
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Ms NY wrote:
> Supposedly, Speed Of Sound is the best track on there.

Oh dear :0(
Tue 31/05/05 at 16:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> Supposedly, Speed Of Sound is the best track on there.

I would hope not as it was crap
Tue 31/05/05 at 15:53
"period drama"
Can't really say I care.
More of the same, only worse?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.