GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the PS2 cured of its backwards compatibility problems?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/11/04 at 14:35
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I'm not totally sure but I think the PS2 has gone through 2 revisions so far (the first quieter motor one and the new slimmer version), and was wondering if the 20-odd games that didn't work previously now do? There are some quality games that aren't compatbile with the console and it would be a shame if they could never be played again. One of them I think is called Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions.
Mon 01/11/04 at 14:35
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I'm not totally sure but I think the PS2 has gone through 2 revisions so far (the first quieter motor one and the new slimmer version), and was wondering if the 20-odd games that didn't work previously now do? There are some quality games that aren't compatbile with the console and it would be a shame if they could never be played again. One of them I think is called Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions.
Mon 01/11/04 at 16:30
Regular
"\\"
WickedWare wrote:
> There are some quality games that aren't compatbile with the console
> and it would be a shame if they could never be played again.

Buy a playstation?

Sheesh.
Tue 02/11/04 at 17:17
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> Buy a playstation?
>
> Sheesh.

I'd never rebuy a PSone just for the sake of any one or two games. They advertised the PS2 as backwardly compatible so arguably they should be looking at fixing it... personally I've got enough old consoles at home without wanting a PSone joining the collection again =P
Tue 02/11/04 at 17:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
What do you mean, problem?

My PS2 (original version) works fine with PSone games...
Tue 02/11/04 at 19:24
Regular
"..."
It had problems with certain titles, including FF7 .
Tue 02/11/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hey...

My PS2 works with FFVII.

Yar, twas quality.
Tue 02/11/04 at 22:00
Regular
"..."
No, there are bugs. I played the entire FF7 on my PS2, it works, but sometimes, but not frquently, all the colours , polygons and text get mixed up. And I don't mean a "normal mix up" but I actually mean "f**ked up" . You won't be able to ditinguish between characters or words or areas or anything, so you have to reset the game.
Tue 02/11/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Balls"
My FF7 doesn't work at all. it just makes mt PS2 sound like its grinding the game down
Tue 02/11/04 at 23:43
Regular
"I'm Great."
I have trouble with Metal Gear Solid at the end. I finish it but at the end of the final credits it freezes. Means I can't play through again with the extras.

I have the Gamecube version now so it doesn't really matter. Also still got my PS1 when I get it back from my friend.
Tue 02/11/04 at 23:47
Regular
"Balls"
Yeah i still have my old classic Playstation, but its not hocked up and the only games I for it I ever want to play are the FF's. its just not fair.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.