GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Cup Squad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/05/05 at 18:18
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Here is what I think the squad should look like (Think its a 22 man squad, if i am wrong, I apologise):

Goalkeepers:
Paul Robinson
Rob Green

Defenders:
John Terry
Rio Ferdinand
Ashley Cole
Gary Neville
Jamie Carragher
Ledley King
Wayne Bridge
Sol Campbell

Midfeilders:
David Beckham (c)
Shaun Wright Phillips
Joe Cole
Frank Lampard
Steven Gerrard
Stewart Downing
Michael Carrick

Forwards:
Michael Owen
Jermaine Defoe
Wayne Rooney
Emile Heskey
Andy Johnson
Wed 01/06/05 at 01:12
What do you mean by boasting?
Tue 31/05/05 at 23:11
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Well after Alan Hansen boasting bout Carrick sees he will be in the squad.
Think Erikson actually listens to him
Tue 31/05/05 at 20:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Your defenders probably aren't far wrong. Wes brown might be ahead of
> Ledley King if he plays a large part in Man Utd's season. I agree with
> you that we can get away with three dedicated left backs when you have
> someone as flexible as Carragher in the squad. Sven may play it safe
> and include Glen Johnson - but that depends on how many games he
> plays for Chelsea. Also, can we ignore the possibility that Woodgate
> may kick a ball next season? If he's fit (that's a big if) and plays
> an integral part in Real madrid's side, he's got to be considered.

He will be fit next season - he's almost fit now apparently. In pretty much full training I think. But his form over the season after long term absence is up in the air, and if Terry, Carragher, etc etc etc continue their good form without injury, there probably won't be room for him.

> Given that I reckon Sven will have one more midfielder than you
> state, that only leaves four strikers. Owen and Rooney are in without
> a question. Defoe is probably third in line, as long as he continues
> to play well at Spurs. The final space is really up for grabs. Heskey
> seems to have lost out now, unless he has a great second season at
> Brum. Crouch and Johnson need to be playing in the Premier League.
> Beatti ewould have to vastly improve at Everton to have any hope at
> all. Alan Smith is a possibility, but only if he's in good
> goal-scoring form at Man Utd - ie coming off the back of a 15 goal +
> season.

What about Vassell? Sven seems to like him, and he also seems to play a lot better for England than for Villa.
Tue 31/05/05 at 09:30
Regular
"not dead"
Georgey5 wrote:
> Here is what I think the squad should look like (Think its a 22 man
> squad, if i am wrong, I apologise):
>
> Goalkeepers:
> Paul Robinson
> Rob Green
>
> Defenders:
> John Terry
> Rio Ferdinand
> Ashley Cole
> Gary Neville
> Jamie Carragher
> Ledley King
> Wayne Bridge
> Sol Campbell
>
>
> Midfeilders:
> David Beckham (c)
> Shaun Wright Phillips
> Joe Cole
> Frank Lampard
> Steven Gerrard
> Stewart Downing
> Michael Carrick
>
> Forwards:
> Michael Owen
> Jermaine Defoe
> Wayne Rooney
> Emile Heskey
> Andy Johnson

We're only a year away, so I wouldn't expect any huge changes from the nucleus of the squad we have at the moment. 3 goal-keepers is pretty much a cert, but as we can raise the squad size to 23, I don't think that'll alter your list.

I'd guess it'll be Robinson and James as one and two, but I don't know about the third yet. Green needs to be playing in the premier league to have a chance, then there's Kirkland and Carson of Liverpool to consider.

Your defenders probably aren't far wrong. Wes brown might be ahead of Ledley King if he plays a large part in Man Utd's season. I agree with you that we can get away with three dedicated left backs when you have someone as flexible as Carragher in the squad. Sven may play it safe and include Glen Johnson - but that depends on how many games he plays for Chelsea. Also, can we ignore the possibility that Woodgate may kick a ball next season? If he's fit (that's a big if) and plays an integral part in Real madrid's side, he's got to be considered.

I imagine Sven will take 8 midfielders, and he might want a bit more of a battler in there (Phil Neville - or Nicky Butt will have to find something like the form he had a few years ago) Owen Hargreaves has got a chance, especially if he comes to play in the premier league this year. I think Jenas would be preffered to Carrick, simply because he's been in most of the squads in recent years. Downing has to build on last season, which is possible, and Richardson will only get in in his place if he either plays in Utd's first team in a significant number of games, or spends another season on loan and does well.

Given that I reckon Sven will have one more midfielder than you state, that only leaves four strikers. Owen and Rooney are in without a question. Defoe is probably third in line, as long as he continues to play well at Spurs. The final space is really up for grabs. Heskey seems to have lost out now, unless he has a great second season at Brum. Crouch and Johnson need to be playing in the Premier League. Beatti ewould have to vastly improve at Everton to have any hope at all. Alan Smith is a possibility, but only if he's in good goal-scoring form at Man Utd - ie coming off the back of a 15 goal + season.
Tue 31/05/05 at 00:04
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Blank wrote:
> Also, you've only got three full backs there.

Look, I would have Phil Neville, but we dont want to kick the other teams off the park. We play football.
Besides, Carragher has played there a lot in his carear I seem to recall and what about Gerrard there!!!!
Mon 30/05/05 at 22:58
Regular
Scott Parker will probably prove himself worthy to Sven in time for 2006.
Mon 30/05/05 at 19:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
And possibly even longer.
Mon 30/05/05 at 19:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
And Richardson will be in the squad until he dies after Saturday.
Mon 30/05/05 at 19:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Also, you've only got three full backs there.
Mon 30/05/05 at 19:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Georgey5 wrote:
> Emile Heskey
> Andy Johnson

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.