GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Disgraceful!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 08:39
Regular
Shocking news from the USA.

President Bush's daughters were caught trying to purchase alcohol, underage, with fake ID!

Only a month a go Jenna Bush had to be sent to alcohol awareness classes.

Absolutely disgraceful!

Or not, when you realise that she's actually 19 years old.

Due to the fact that you can't legally purchase alcohol until you're 21 in the US (but you can go out and buy a gun) this is seen as somehow wrong.

If my daughters aren't going out, and having a few drinks at the age of 19 I'd be a little worried about them.

If they never tried to buy alcohol before they were 18, I'd be surprised!

I'm sure we've all done it. I remember when I was at Sixth Form, I edited my student card to show a different date of birth. No problems. I had a few drinks, I had some fun. It just so happens that I was never asked for my ID, but hey, I had it.

So why in the USA is drinking seen as such a no-no?

There are plenty worse things you could be doing.
Thu 31/05/01 at 11:09
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
The problem Meka_Dragon, is that Americans are in general a ethnocentric bunch of morons who sanctimoniously push these ‘family values’ onto anyone unlucky enough to be caught in earshot of them at the time. Drink is one of the many transparent ‘Ills of Society’ used by the yanks to explain why their social environment is literally shot to pieces, don’t forget it is frowned upon in American society for children to consume coffee, so if they do have a few too many they cant even have a cup of Java to sort their heads out.

Not drinking as a minor is rammed down teenagers throats by every means available, my favourite for this type of brainwashing was Beverly Hills 90210. I found this programme to be highly entertaining, simply because it was an attempt to teach moral values through the television. If anybody watched this, they may remember that one or two of the main characters were going to AA because they were apparently alcoholics. Dillon had a couple of whiskeys, then went on a mad rampage before breaking down and confessing he had a problem. I laughed so hard I nearly spilt my Jamesons.

This is the picture that they paint and will no doubt continue to paint. Doing so at the expense of the Nazi Republican’s evil spawn is simply a political machination.

This is the kind of hypocrisy you can expect from the land of the free;

Whilst visiting a friend in Atlanta GA. I happened to notice a poster up outside a bar. The poster was a message from one of the local electorates for the county I was in, he was a man of the cloth. He suggested that it should be against the law to purchase alcohol while in a strip club.

Just stop and think about that for a moment, then weep for them.
Thu 31/05/01 at 10:00
Regular
Maybe they think it is more wrong to binge drink, than for a kid to shoot his school mates. Or maybe they just can't blame alcoholism on TV, films and Games, so they are harder on it, who knows??
Thu 31/05/01 at 09:42
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yeah, I don't see the problem with them over there, they are a bunch of tarts!

When I 1st went over with my parents (along time ago) I couldn't drink in a restaurant because the waiter didn't believe that I was over 21 and I didn't have my passport on me.

But hey, walk into a bar afterwards and no problem, hmm "that'll be 5 pints of Bud then please"

I also heard that his daughter had used her position (actually her fathers) to get a few of her friends who had been jailed or had been arrested to get them released!

"excuse me, but do you know my father?"

You can imagine the conversation.

Yeah I think the law over there is stupid, especially the alcohol to guns comparison. I think I'd rather have my daughter/son drinking than going out and purchasing a gun and killing people!
Thu 31/05/01 at 08:39
Regular
"not dead"
Shocking news from the USA.

President Bush's daughters were caught trying to purchase alcohol, underage, with fake ID!

Only a month a go Jenna Bush had to be sent to alcohol awareness classes.

Absolutely disgraceful!

Or not, when you realise that she's actually 19 years old.

Due to the fact that you can't legally purchase alcohol until you're 21 in the US (but you can go out and buy a gun) this is seen as somehow wrong.

If my daughters aren't going out, and having a few drinks at the age of 19 I'd be a little worried about them.

If they never tried to buy alcohol before they were 18, I'd be surprised!

I'm sure we've all done it. I remember when I was at Sixth Form, I edited my student card to show a different date of birth. No problems. I had a few drinks, I had some fun. It just so happens that I was never asked for my ID, but hey, I had it.

So why in the USA is drinking seen as such a no-no?

There are plenty worse things you could be doing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.