GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/05/05 at 10:20
Regular
"..."
If I play import games on my PAL gamecube, would it affect the quality of the game ? And is playing the normal PAL game better in any way ?
Mon 30/05/05 at 13:24
Regular
"the burning sky"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> So it wouldn't work for Resi 4, then?

Works fine for the import Resi4...
Mon 30/05/05 at 13:17
"period drama"
So it wouldn't work for Resi 4, then?
Mon 30/05/05 at 12:10
Regular
As long as you save at the end of the disk (which you're almost always albe to do), it doesn't matter, as the next disk is treated as a new game.

Just shove in the Freeloader again before starting it up (if you do power down)
Mon 30/05/05 at 09:52
Regular
"the burning sky"
homosh wrote:
> If I was playing a game that comes on 2 discs, am I still going to be
> able to continue playing on Disc 2 without having to re-insert the
> free loader ? Because if this is what happens, then I won't be able
> to play with Disc 2, so ?

Yeah, as long as you don't power down during the process, the Freeloader boot program stays in memory :D.
Sun 29/05/05 at 20:09
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
'tis nay a problem.
Sun 29/05/05 at 19:25
"period drama"
I can never remember if the 2-disc thing is a problem or not.
Ain't that helpful?

Yeah ...
Well, I'm only getting import stuff if Zelda doesn't get an (almost) world-wide release. And it looks like it might, so yey.
Sun 29/05/05 at 19:20
Regular
"..."
If I was playing a game that comes on 2 discs, am I still going to be able to continue playing on Disc 2 without having to re-insert the free loader ? Because if this is what happens, then I won't be able to play with Disc 2, so ?
Sun 29/05/05 at 10:29
Regular
"the burning sky"
I've never had any problems with Import games, my freeloader and my PAL cube. Can't think how a game could be affected, unless it wasnt compatible with the freeloader. The only other thing is the little changes that make it into PAL versions after the NTSC versions have been released. Bug fixes and slight gameplay changes etc. But if you were interested in the latter you'd buy every format version :D. And no-one is interested in the former :D Nice positve of importing is that you can cut out the dreaded 3+ month wait...
Sun 29/05/05 at 10:20
Regular
"..."
If I play import games on my PAL gamecube, would it affect the quality of the game ? And is playing the normal PAL game better in any way ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.