GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Biggest XBOX game of 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/11/04 at 21:19
Regular
Now we all now Halo 2 is this years biggest game but what do u think will be the biggest next year out of these options.

1.Tom Clancy's Splinter cell: Chaos Theory
2.Doom 3
3.Dead or Alive: Ultimate
4.BC
5.Unreal Champ2: The Liandri Conflict
6.Half-Life 2 (ruled on PS2)
7.Timesplitters 2 Future Perfect
8.Oddworld: Stranger

Wat do u think
Tue 02/11/04 at 19:22
Regular
"BOSE"
People have been obsessed with Halo 2 since it was announced :-)
You must of seen the the E3 Demo ya? That makes me dribble every time!
Tue 02/11/04 at 16:53
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Apple Crumble wrote:
> As I've said, we'll have to wait and see.
>
> YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME BOYYYY! *ahem* Halo 2 frustration there.

Don't get so abessed with Halo 2 now. It's not like it's the greatest game ever or anything.

*cough* Ocarina *cough*
Tue 02/11/04 at 12:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Except when Baten Kaitos comes out.

Oh yus.
Tue 02/11/04 at 12:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
HL2 on PC, all the way.

Not sure about Xbox games next year, or games in general.

Halo 2, PM2/MP2 = me happy for now.
Tue 02/11/04 at 12:24
Regular
Half-Life 2 or TimeSplitters 3.
Tue 02/11/04 at 10:58
Regular
As has been said, I really can't see Half-Life 2 getting a release on Xbox. Have you actually seen that thing running on PC? no way could Xbox run that well without a serious drop in framerate or massively toned down level design and graphics.

I think I'll wait for the next generation consoles to play Half-Life 2.

In terms of sales figures nothing on Xbox's going to beat Halo 2, or even come close.

Next year though the big games I'd say are Chaos Theory, DOA:U, Forza Motorsport, Conker : Live and Uncut and that fighty game from the KOTOR guys.

For me though my most wanted games are Chaos Theory and Timesplitters : FP.
Tue 02/11/04 at 08:58
Regular
I agree Doom 3 was pretty much boring to play. I too was annoyed by the Flashlight issue. It should be a decent Live affair though.
Tue 02/11/04 at 08:47
Regular
Half-Life 2 won't by out next year. Most likely a launch title for the PS3 and Xenon by the way things are going.

Doom 3 is massively over rated and in fact aside from the breath-taking technical aspects I found it an extremely dull game to play. The blend of top-notch technology just collapses under the monotonous 'old skool' shooting sections, which offer very few branches off into other genres. The level design is claustrophobic which although is 90% intentional just makes the game feel even more linear to play. The idea of switching to your flash light as a different weapon is just a complete pain in the ass and something that I really don't understand why this was implemented in the final build. This may sound like a picky point but seeing as pretty much every section requires you to use it; it quickly becomes annoying. I really wouldn't waste your time hyping it up unless you plan to play LIVE CO-OP, which will probably make for a more enjoyable experience.

Dead or Alive: Ultimate - Must Buy for me. Dead or Alive 3 is quite simply the most enjoyable fighting game I have ever played - taking the crown from Killer Instinct. Although very little has been done to improve on the Dead or Alive 3 formula judging by the video reviews I have seen and articles I have read this will be a game that will keep me playing for literally hundreds of hours.

BC - No longer due for release on Xbox.

The only other game that interests me off that list is Chaos Theory. Definitely one to pick on both the PC and Xbox. Will use the Xbox for LIVE and the PC version for everything else. Really is looking top dog.
Tue 02/11/04 at 06:46
Regular
From that list, here's my order of importance:

> 1.Tom Clancy's Splinter cell: Chaos Theory
> 2.Timesplitters 2 Future Perfect
> 3.Half-Life 2 (ruled on PS2)
> 4.Unreal Champ2: The Liandri Conflict
> 5.Doom 3
> 6.Oddworld: Stranger
> 7.Dead or Alive: Ultimate
> 8.BC

Oh yeh, and Timesplitters Future Perfect is not number 2. And Half Life 2 never ruled on PS2. And where's Forza? Ghost Recon 2? PoP2?
Mon 01/11/04 at 23:56
Regular
Whitestripes X wrote:
> Almost certainly the best game ever released on the Xbox will be
> Half-Life 2.

The only reason I put TS3 before this is because I'm getting it for PC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.