GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where are we at with £70 - £100 graphics cards these days?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/05/05 at 13:53
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I've got to recommend a graphics card to my girlfriend's half-brother, who's saved up £100 or so in order to get one. Unfortunately he's probably going to need a new PSU at the same time, so £100 is my budget ceiling. What's hot in this price range these days? I haven't really followed graphics card development since I got a 9800 Pro about 9 months ago for about £120, I'm dismayed to see that they've hardly moved from this pricepoint. What about newer mid-range cards?
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:42
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
You can pick up 9800pro's brand new for about £90 now.
Fri 27/05/05 at 19:08
Regular
"bing bang bong"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> To be honest the 9800 pro won't run anything next gen so I wouldn't
> bother. Save up a bit more and go for a 6800 le from OCUK, it'll be
> more futureproof.

This is not for me. This is for my girlfriend's 13 year old step-brother who until two months ago was tooling around with a P133 until I built him his current XP2000 on a whim. He's unlikely to get a faster machine than this until he goes to University.
Fri 27/05/05 at 18:34
Regular
"Touched!"
To be honest the 9800 pro won't run anything next gen so I wouldn't bother. Save up a bit more and go for a 6800 le from OCUK, it'll be more futureproof.
Fri 27/05/05 at 14:53
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Unfortunately a 9800 Pro is unlikely to be affordable. OCUK still stock 9700 Pro's for ~£80. Can anyone beat that?
Fri 27/05/05 at 14:08
Regular
Yeh. A 9800 pro is still the best bet.

You're looking at £220 minimum for the next step up. An X800 pro.
Fri 27/05/05 at 13:53
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I've got to recommend a graphics card to my girlfriend's half-brother, who's saved up £100 or so in order to get one. Unfortunately he's probably going to need a new PSU at the same time, so £100 is my budget ceiling. What's hot in this price range these days? I haven't really followed graphics card development since I got a 9800 Pro about 9 months ago for about £120, I'm dismayed to see that they've hardly moved from this pricepoint. What about newer mid-range cards?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.