GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Punk Bands gone Pop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/05/05 at 19:14
Regular
"No, I'm not Crazy"
After a slightly unorthadox last postin....lol...some of you will know which one hehe...i decided to be mroe serious with this next topic...lol...hehe...for somereason that still amuses me...lol....
Anyhu, on the release of some recent punk rok albums, and seeing a few supposedly punk rok bands live recently, I am realy shoked at how..bad...some of these new albums and, generally bands, are... The main bands i am talking about are greenday, and blink 182..i am a great fan of blinks older stuff, but their new songs? jumped up pop, as my friend said. With greenday turned all pop and too overplayed, and some new bands not even being punk, as they suposedly are, but it, seems, a new form of faster pop (admittidley still better than busted though, like Simple Plan, or Sugarcult for instance. It leaves us with dark times for rok music, with few lights and little hope out there...who is left to turn to now? Rancid and Nofx, great punk bands, receiving stick all over for their robust singing and lyrics, and the old bands turning to a supposedly better sound...Sum 41 gone heavy and Greenday gone pouf...It seems the only decent bands out there are getting wiped out if you will...I for one am shoked...any thoughts?
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:13
Regular
"No, I'm not Crazy"
well maybe im just crazy...god i give up with u people...ure too persuasive...but before i go cry ina corner somewher....green day and blink 182 suk there i said it....
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:11
Regular
"\\"
Ricardo Lomardo wrote:
> y do i even bother arguing with u people...god....this is society for
> u!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and no im not under the influence of
> drugs

But you say Blink were punk, which they weren't exactly, and you say Offspring haven't gone pop, which however much I hate them for it. They have.
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:10
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Ricardo Lomardo wrote:
> im not under the influence of drugs

You surprise me.
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:09
Regular
"No, I'm not Crazy"
y do i even bother arguing with u people...god....this is society for u!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and no im not under the influence of drugs
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:01
Regular
"\\"
Ricardo Lomardo wrote:
> pop???!! Guys..pop is like macfly...busted...and how the hell are the
> offspring pop?

Have you not heard Splinter?

Hit that in particular.

> please guys...get a life...all the good punk bands are changing their
> sounds...we need some good old rok and punk....is thta so wrong???!

Go die.
Thu 26/05/05 at 19:59
Regular
"No, I'm not Crazy"
yes.....of course...there are some good bands still though...like Anti flag, and NOFX, and dear god i hope they never go pop...i wuld surely then kill myself...and im sure u guys are wanting me to do thta after some of the posts ive made...hehe...pallindromes....
Thu 26/05/05 at 19:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The UK Subs never went pop, neither did The Verucas or Flipper or Black Flag or Snot or...

Blink 182 are teeny pop.
Punk isn't having a video on MTV and touring stadiums. Punk is a mindset, not a fashion choice.
Thu 26/05/05 at 19:30
Regular
"No, I'm not Crazy"
pop???!! Guys..pop is like macfly...busted...and how the hell are the offspring pop?
please guys...get a life...all the good punk bands are changing their sounds...we need some good old rok and punk....is thta so wrong???!
Thu 26/05/05 at 19:28
Regular
"No, I'm not Crazy"
popular music???
U mean the likes of busted?
Macfly...guys get a life..please
Thu 26/05/05 at 19:27
"period drama"
This thread makes me :' (

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.