GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Download Speeds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/05/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Pwned"
When I use limewire to download stuff, the speed thingy is only at about 6KBs per second, even though I have 512KB Broadband. The same thing happened with Kazaa when I had it as well. Does anyone know how I could fix this, like buying a special cable or somthing? The type of Broadband I have is ADSL by the way and the modem is a BT Voyager 105. Cheers.
Wed 25/05/05 at 21:24
Regular
"Pwned"
Tried 1st and 2nd, both the same.
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:39
Regular
Did you use a Broadband connection on the Secondary option though ?
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:38
Regular
"Pwned"
I know, I always did use the broadband conection.
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:34
Regular
Well, that's because it had more users and so even more congestion, nevertheless; the point about using the 'secondary connection' option still stands
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Pwned"
I used to have WinMX as well and that was even worse.
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:18
Regular
Most of the Sharware programmes, especially WinMx (which I use) endorse simply opting for the 'secondary connection', if this option is available, it means that you are connecting with the Dial-up users such as myself

The difference is that you're still downloading at Broadband speed and the reason for the delay in the first place was that the Primary Connection line was blocked up with Broadband users

Alternatively, use WinMX anyway, I have Dial-up and it is still normally 4.5 Kilobytes (as an average)
Wed 25/05/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Pwned"
When I use limewire to download stuff, the speed thingy is only at about 6KBs per second, even though I have 512KB Broadband. The same thing happened with Kazaa when I had it as well. Does anyone know how I could fix this, like buying a special cable or somthing? The type of Broadband I have is ADSL by the way and the modem is a BT Voyager 105. Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.