GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The...Bristol Maze..."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/05/05 at 14:38
Regular
"Swivel!"
The wind was blowing, and yet, I wasn't cold. This is my story. Story of how i got lost, in a game and had to stick to the rules, and bend them as much as I could to get out. My Name is Matthew Guerrero, and this is my story...

I walked down the street on the sidewalk. A deranged man was shouting, and telling of strange treasures which lay within a labrynth of tunnels underground. 'The Bristol Maze' I thought. The man went on to tell me of how i could find this wonderus place. I thanked him and sped up the pace of my walk gradually breaking into a run. I ran down several streets, and about a dozen avenues. Until i found it. The house. The house which consumed within it, the Bristol Maze.

I knocked on the door. A strange balding man answered. He welcomed me, "Hello young lad, don't get many of your type around here? What can I do for you lad?"

"I'm looking for the Bristol Maze," I told him. At which he gave me an evil look, and told me, "go away, you needn't know those secrets" and slammed the door in my face.

I knocked again, but no answer. I had to get in, I had to infiltrate the Bristol Maze! I went round the back of the house, and found the back door open. In I walked. This was it, I was in, my heart pounding. How exciting!

I walked through the kitchen and into the living room. I went up the stairs and into what looked like a bedroom. I saw the man. I saw Darunia! The bed was raised to reveal a doorway underneath, in the floor.

"For seventeen years, I've slept on the door to the treasure, the door to my own fate, and now you plan to take that away from me? That wont happen little guy." And with that Darunia went into the Bristol Maze. I followed. He wasn't going to get away. I was still angry about the slamming of the front door.

It was dark as the door closed behind me. I pushed the door back up, but it wouldn't budge. I was locked in! Now this meant I had to find Darunia. I walked forward and stumbled on what felt like a brick in the dark. I got the torch from my pocket. "Bingo!" i said. I shone it on the item to reveal a book. 'How to beat the Bristol Maze' it was called. Darunia must have dropped it I thought. I flicked through the pages, and on the final page, it told of the 'key to the city' with only this, may you beat and escape the maze. That was it I had Darunia's plans foiled now!

I walked through many tunnels until I came to what looked like the main hall. I approached the altar. I took the key at the Altar, which was shining, with a Golden ora around it. This was it, I had Darunia beaten, with this I could escape and lock him in his own creation. Lock Darunia in the Bristol Maze! But what about the treasure I had been told of? I had to get it, without it, Darunia could be rich, and with riches he could buy anything to stop me from foiling his evil plans!

I went to leave the hall, and took a few more tunnelways until I came to an opening. This was it I thought, as I appraoched the treasure chest in the middle of the room. I looked around, and Darunia was nowhere to be seen! This felt easy. But as I opened the chest, i found it empty.

"I think you'll find I'm the one taking the candy from the baby!" I heard boom around the hall, behind me. I turned slowly. My worst Nightmare. Darunia had the treaure in a sack over his shoulder. I had to stop him, he must be stopped!

I ran towards him but he threw me back to the floor. "This time I win!" Darunia said in an evil tone. He then ran down a tunnel. I clambered back to my feet and the chase was on!

I followed the noise of his footsteps. I wasn't far behind now. As we got to the door of the Bristol Maze, I grabbed him, and threw him to the floor. He then slid round and tripped me over. I was finished. This was it. He had won. Darunia, and evilness had won! But no, the hope was still alive. Hold on to 'What if?'! The door opened and in jumped some men, the Bristol Maze had been infiltrated by others. They grabbed Darunia. Then grabbed me, and took us out of the Bristol Maze. We were taken outside the house, and at last I saw Natural Sunlight! It hurt my eyes.

The men, that I could now see, were none other than local policemen. They took Darunia away, and gave me the sack. I went back into the house to find the door padlocked shut! A woman, had the key, and it was the key to the city!

It was Darunia's wife, she had turned him in! He was finished! The evil deeds of the Bristol Maze, and the many people of which it had consumed were no more. And locked away forever more...
Tue 24/05/05 at 14:38
Regular
"Swivel!"
The wind was blowing, and yet, I wasn't cold. This is my story. Story of how i got lost, in a game and had to stick to the rules, and bend them as much as I could to get out. My Name is Matthew Guerrero, and this is my story...

I walked down the street on the sidewalk. A deranged man was shouting, and telling of strange treasures which lay within a labrynth of tunnels underground. 'The Bristol Maze' I thought. The man went on to tell me of how i could find this wonderus place. I thanked him and sped up the pace of my walk gradually breaking into a run. I ran down several streets, and about a dozen avenues. Until i found it. The house. The house which consumed within it, the Bristol Maze.

I knocked on the door. A strange balding man answered. He welcomed me, "Hello young lad, don't get many of your type around here? What can I do for you lad?"

"I'm looking for the Bristol Maze," I told him. At which he gave me an evil look, and told me, "go away, you needn't know those secrets" and slammed the door in my face.

I knocked again, but no answer. I had to get in, I had to infiltrate the Bristol Maze! I went round the back of the house, and found the back door open. In I walked. This was it, I was in, my heart pounding. How exciting!

I walked through the kitchen and into the living room. I went up the stairs and into what looked like a bedroom. I saw the man. I saw Darunia! The bed was raised to reveal a doorway underneath, in the floor.

"For seventeen years, I've slept on the door to the treasure, the door to my own fate, and now you plan to take that away from me? That wont happen little guy." And with that Darunia went into the Bristol Maze. I followed. He wasn't going to get away. I was still angry about the slamming of the front door.

It was dark as the door closed behind me. I pushed the door back up, but it wouldn't budge. I was locked in! Now this meant I had to find Darunia. I walked forward and stumbled on what felt like a brick in the dark. I got the torch from my pocket. "Bingo!" i said. I shone it on the item to reveal a book. 'How to beat the Bristol Maze' it was called. Darunia must have dropped it I thought. I flicked through the pages, and on the final page, it told of the 'key to the city' with only this, may you beat and escape the maze. That was it I had Darunia's plans foiled now!

I walked through many tunnels until I came to what looked like the main hall. I approached the altar. I took the key at the Altar, which was shining, with a Golden ora around it. This was it, I had Darunia beaten, with this I could escape and lock him in his own creation. Lock Darunia in the Bristol Maze! But what about the treasure I had been told of? I had to get it, without it, Darunia could be rich, and with riches he could buy anything to stop me from foiling his evil plans!

I went to leave the hall, and took a few more tunnelways until I came to an opening. This was it I thought, as I appraoched the treasure chest in the middle of the room. I looked around, and Darunia was nowhere to be seen! This felt easy. But as I opened the chest, i found it empty.

"I think you'll find I'm the one taking the candy from the baby!" I heard boom around the hall, behind me. I turned slowly. My worst Nightmare. Darunia had the treaure in a sack over his shoulder. I had to stop him, he must be stopped!

I ran towards him but he threw me back to the floor. "This time I win!" Darunia said in an evil tone. He then ran down a tunnel. I clambered back to my feet and the chase was on!

I followed the noise of his footsteps. I wasn't far behind now. As we got to the door of the Bristol Maze, I grabbed him, and threw him to the floor. He then slid round and tripped me over. I was finished. This was it. He had won. Darunia, and evilness had won! But no, the hope was still alive. Hold on to 'What if?'! The door opened and in jumped some men, the Bristol Maze had been infiltrated by others. They grabbed Darunia. Then grabbed me, and took us out of the Bristol Maze. We were taken outside the house, and at last I saw Natural Sunlight! It hurt my eyes.

The men, that I could now see, were none other than local policemen. They took Darunia away, and gave me the sack. I went back into the house to find the door padlocked shut! A woman, had the key, and it was the key to the city!

It was Darunia's wife, she had turned him in! He was finished! The evil deeds of the Bristol Maze, and the many people of which it had consumed were no more. And locked away forever more...
Tue 24/05/05 at 16:16
Regular
"eat toast!"
i was expecting some knock off of the game show, the crystal maze (maybe it is and i'm not paying enough attention), not bad.
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:33
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Nice play on words.

Story's not half bad either.
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:38
Regular
"Swivel!"
What do you mean by good play on words? Do you just mean the title, or some of the main text aswell?
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:39
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The title. Just gotta love that title.
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:42
Regular
"Swivel!"
Do you think I should write a sequel. Or maybe even a trilogy. A prequel about Darunia's life and the maze when he found it?
Thu 26/05/05 at 14:12
Regular
"eat toast!"
entirely up to you, would be interesting to see it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.