GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum topic repeated, world ends"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/05/05 at 21:04
Regular
"not dead"
The world is today in shock following on from the news that it is to end at midnight, BST.

It is thought that this is due to a thread being posted in General Chat on a topic that was only previously covered one year ago. The topic in question, "What came first, chicken or the egg?" was thought to be original by the unfortunate soul that posted it - now he must live with the guilt of being the man who sold the world for the rest of his life. Fortunately this will just be a few short hours.

It wasn't until a significant time after the thread was posted that the true horror of the situation was revealed. An eagle-eyed regular, S2pid, noticed that the thread was not fresh and raised the alarm, but nothing can be done to stop the inevitable.

At first it was hoped that it was a false alarm, but scientific examination has shown thta the topic is indeed hte same, and not just similar. There have been a number of false alarms in the past, notably when two 'World's Longest thread's appeared overnight - thankfully one of these was regarding a piece of thread rather than posts on a chat forum. "Console Wars" have also caused many false alarms, but thanks to the varying nuances of the topic, and the fanboy slant it often is given, never have two been close enough to be considered the same.

All hope is not yet lost, however. A crack group of forum experts in Edgware are currently working through a model, hoping that crossing the threads can reverse the polarity and restore balance to the world.
Tue 24/05/05 at 19:03
"possibly impossible"
The solution is to always reverse the polarity of the neutron flow...
Tue 24/05/05 at 16:43
Regular
"not dead"
\o/ YAY! anals joke.

Well it made me smile.
Tue 24/05/05 at 09:37
Regular
"..."
Thank goodness for that Dorking Boy with bowel problems. I hope the anals(pun intended) of history remember his heroic efforts.
Tue 24/05/05 at 09:35
Regular
"not dead"
No, it didn't.

Whilst the experiments in Edgware ultimately failed, a young boy from Dorking came up with a solution at the very last minute. By continually soiling himself until he was knee-deep in filth he was able to create a stench strong enough to turn the eggs in the original 'chicken & egg' post bad, hence altering the topic of the thread, leaving them no longer the same.
Tue 24/05/05 at 09:18
Regular
"..."
I'm guessing the world didn't end then?
Tue 24/05/05 at 01:29
Regular
Nope...

There's no one quite like our Meka. :-)
Mon 23/05/05 at 21:49
Regular
"cachoo"
HOLEH.. I read the first line and had a mini panic.. Thought you said the world was going to end tonight.. :'(
Mon 23/05/05 at 21:46
Regular
Hey cool I live near Edgware. I hope you're talking about in London.
Mon 23/05/05 at 21:25
Regular
"kill or be killed"
who could that be?
Mon 23/05/05 at 21:20
Regular
"The Red Shift"
This seems mighty similar to another similar spoof, by a similar forum member.

Hmmm.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.